Chapter Thirteen

I yawned loudly for the twenty millionth time today and it was starting to annoy me. Though I had realised the hickey on my neck had all but disappeared this morning and was extremely happy for that. I had mixed lavender and tea tree oil and rubbed it on the damn thing every few hours last night. i had no idea if it would actually work but it was worth a try. I still have no idea how that hickey got there.

Exhaustion had been my best friend since I decided to open my eyes this morning and it was all Hoani's fault! See if I talk to him again. His actions yesterday had me overthinking everything all night long, meaning I barely slept last night. This meant I was more b***hy than usual, so all my friends decided it was best to not talk with me. Though I also had a feeling it had to do with what Lucas had done yesterday.

I made my way to the cafeteria trying not to fall asleep as I walked. I bumped into a few people along the way getting myself a few glares and shoves back but I was too exhausted to care. I flopped down next to Lucas and lay my head against his shoulder, closing my eyes for a few minutes of much needed sleep.

"So you and Hoani huh?" Lucas' quiet voice asked me softly. I shook my head no tiredly. "Not going to happen." I mumbled back. "Why? Because of Katie?" He asked softly. I shook my head again. "Because of Ryder?" He asked quietly. I sighed and shocked my head no again. "Then why?" Lucas whispered back, annoyed. "To be honest I don't really know." I said with a frown. "You're an idiot then." He said. "You only just figured that out?" I said, smiling widely. I got off him and turned to look at him. He was smiling his heart stopping smile causing my heart to skip a few beats. I rolled my eyes and yawned again. Yup. I'm an idiot.

"V, why are you so tired?" Katie asked worried. She sat across from me with Sophia and Jack on either side of her. "Cause your brother's an a**hole." I mumbled back tiredly. "Huh?" Katie asked confused. "On the topic of Hoani. What happened last night when Hoani walked you out? He came back inside with a goofy look on his face." Sophia asked cutting off Katie. I shrugged. "Nothing much. I just told him about my tats and he got all weird on me. He said something about tattooed chicks being sexy as f*** and then walked back inside." I said tiredly. I lay my head back on Lucas and closed my eyes. "What?!" Katie and Sophia squeaked together. I rubbed my ear annoyed with the sound and tried to go to sleep again. "Shut up! Let me sleep!" I said annoyed.

"Sleep when you're dead! Now tell us what he said exactly!" Sophia growled in her cute voice. I opened my eyes and smirked at her. "Shut up! Just tell us what he said!" Sophia said glaring at me. "That's very contradicting you know but since you asked oh so nicely, I'll tell you what he said." I mumbled, rolling my eyes. Sophia's eyes tightened and I knew she found me amusing. Rolling my eyes again, I told them all exactly what happened. Katie turned pale while Sophia clapped happily. "V, please don't go out with my brother. He's my brother and I don't think I'll be able to handle seeing you guys together." Katie whispered sadly while looking me on the eyes.

"Oh Katie! Listen..." I said. "Don't worry that's not going to happen." Someone growled interrupting me. We all turned to look up at a very pissed off Ryder. His hands were clenched at his sides and his shoulders were tense. His eyes turned dark as he glared down at me. How long has he been there? "Since you started explaining everything that happened with Hoani." Sophia said.

I blinked a couple times confused before I realized I had spoken out loud again. I turned to look at Sophia. "And you didn't feel the need to let me know?" I growled. She just smirked at me while I glared at the 3 across from us. "To be honest, I was too scared to say anything." Katie whispered quietly. "Eh? Why?" I asked confused. "Who cares why! Are you seriously going to ignore the really angry but sexy dude, who is glaring at you?!" Katie said annoyed. A deep growl filled the air again and this time we all turned to look at Jack.