Chapter One

Beep! Beeep! Beeeeeeep!

The sound of my alarm buzzing in my ear jerked me out of my dreamless sleep. I moved slowly switching it off while trying to decide if I really wanted to get up. I decided to stay in bed as I was too comfy and sleep seemed like such a better option. I was just drifting back off to sleep when my alarm started buzzing loudly again. Annoyed, I reached up and slammed my hand down on my alarm. Shut the f*** up! I'm trying to sleep. I cuddled into my bed again, slowly closing my eyes as sleep took over me again.

Beep! Beeep! Beeeeeeep!

Groaning, I reached across and turned my alarm off again. Glancing at my alarm clock I saw a bright red 7:45 glaring back at me. I got up slowly and started getting ready for school. Why did the holidays finish so fast? Sure, I did pretty much nothing since I was all alone during Christmas and New Years but still! It went by way too quickly. Yawning loudly while stumbling my way into my bathroom, I had a quick shower and changed into my school uniform.

Like every other school in New Zealand, we had an annoying uniform that consisted of black shorts, pants or a skirt depending on your preference, a white t-shirt with the school logo on the left side of the chest and a black jersey if needed. Honestly not the worst uniform out there but still, a hassle to wear every day. Most of the girls at my school wear skirts but you couldn't catch me dead in that damn skin hugging thing! I prefer to just wear shorts which hugged my hips and arse in the most annoying way and the shirt. And don't even get me started on the shoes! We're only allowed black shoes and black or brown Roman sandals. No coloured labels allowed. UGH! I just decide to wear my all black converse shoes that had a black label which made it just past the dress code.

Grabbing my bag, I shoved all my school books, pens and my art supplies into it before heading downstairs. I looked towards the clock and saw it was 8:10. I had just enough time to make a quick breakfast before taking the 10-minute drive to school. Walking into the kitchen, my stomach rumbled at the thought of food. Opening the fridge I grabbed the tub of vanilla bean yoghurt, a banana and a few oranges. I easily peeled and sliced the banana and oranges before putting them in a small bowl and added the yoghurt. I ate quickly enjoying every single bit.

I looked around my huge 3-story house while eating and sighed quietly in my heart. My parents are never home now since their favourite children moved out two years ago. James and Jasmine moved to New York City and my parents are usually visiting them or out travelling the world so they don't have to deal with the fat child that's at home embarrassing them. I shrugged it off as usual and made my way to the front door.

Walking out, I locked the door after setting the alarm and made my way towards my car. I smiled happily when I saw my amazing car. It was a matte black 2017 Dodge Challenger with black everything, body, rims, window tint and interior. My parents actually bought me my dream car after I got my full licence which shocked the hell out of me but my parents like to keep up appearances even though the whole town knows they hate me, hence the car.

I arrived at school, parking my car in my usual spot which was close to the main office buildings. Ironic since it's usually reserved for popular people but ever since I was old enough to drive and got my own car, I've claimed this carpark as my own. Since then no one has parked here for fear of catching my "ugly disease". I just roll my eyes at their stupidity.

I grabbed my bag from the passenger's seat and got out of my car. The front yard was crawling with students, eager to catch up with their friends after the 2 - 3 month holiday we all just had. I felt the stares that followed my every move and heard the laughter as people started calling me names. I rolled my eyes, ignoring them all and walked towards the office.

I walked towards the reception desk and waited for whoever was in front to hurry the hell up. It wasn't until they turned around that I realized it was Lucas Knight. Of-f**king-course it was Lucas Knight. A slow smirk spread across his face as he looked at me. Sighing I pushed him out of the way before he could say anything and felt his glare on my back but decided to ignore him. He muttered something under his breath before walking away. Mrs Nichols the reception lady glared at me before turning around to get my schedule, locker number and key from the desk behind her.

I smirked at the idea of finally getting a locker after having to lug my books around with me for the past four years. Raven Grove High School only ever gave lockers to the Year 13 Seniors as there were only so many lockers in the school. Waiting for what felt like forever, Mrs Nichols finally turned back and gave me my schedule and locker number. "Now get out." She growled at me. Whatever lady. I walked out and made my way towards my locker. Looking over my schedule I smiled when I saw that I got all the classes I wanted this year. Stopping in front of locker #23, I realised it was close to most of my classes and the cafeteria. Huh? Since when have I been that lucky?

I started pulling out my books and putting them in my locker except for my AP English, Trig book and my artbook before heading to my form class. Apparently, 17 and 18-year-olds still needed to check in at school every day even though half the time we only have 2 or 3 classes a day, though in my case it was more like 4 or 5 classes every day. Being clever had its drawbacks. Once the class list had been done and the news of the day read, we were pretty much left to our own devices. Pulling out my art book, I began drawing random pictures not paying attention to anyone else.

The bell rang and I slowly made my way to my AP English class. I took my usual seat at the back of the class near the window and put my bag on the desk next to me. I'm your average student who excels in a few classes and I thank god every day that this stupid town did nothing to hold me back when it came to learning. It's the only thing that the people of this town leave alone when it comes to me.

Mrs Stone soon walked in and like usual, I ignore her like I do all my teachers. She was 50 something, with grey hair and wrinkles covering her face. She was also a total bitch and not just to me but to everyone in this school. I along with everyone else in this school just assumed she was bitter because her husband of thirty plus years has been cheating on her for the past ten years with a girl half his age. They were in the middle of a very rocky divorce or that's what all the gossipers were saying anyway.

Mrs Stone did the basic roll check and handed out some papers of what was planned for this term. Doing a quick once over, I saw that it mostly consisted of reading books and writing essays. Not that surprising. Mrs Stone then handed out a copy of Pride & Prejudice. "I want you all to read this book tonight and hand in a 2000 word essay by Wednesday on your thoughts regarding the characters and what you would have done in their place and why. No excuses." Mrs Stone stated.

My shoulders dropped in annoyance, as the classes' sounds of protest filled the room. Homework on the first day! You have got to be kidding me! "Keep complaining and I'll make it 5000." Mrs Stone warned. That shut everyone up. Mrs Stone then told us to use the rest of the hour to start reading the book. I glanced at the book on my desk and shivered. Pride and Prejudice. I have already read this book before. It wasn't one of my favourites but it just had to be done. Deciding I wasn't in the mood to read it again, I pulled out my art book and went back to drawing random things.

The next 3 classes passed by quickly and it was now lunch. I quickly made my way towards my locker, eager to get out of this place. I had PE next but there was absolutely no way I was going to that. "...totally hot!" I heard someone squeal as I pulled open my locker. I had no doubt at all that they were talking about the new guy that started today. I have been hearing rumours about him all morning though no one spoke to me directly. They tended to forget I was even around and that made it easier for me to listen in on what was being said. Like how this new guy was a total sex god and looked like a badass too. He wasn't in any of my classes and I hoped it stayed that way. I was already sick of the dude and I hadn't even met him yet.

Shoving my AP Chemistry book into my locker, I slammed the door shut before turning to go home. I started flicking through my art book trying to find anything I liked while heading towards the front door. "Oomph!" Surprise and annoyance filled me as I stumbled back, dropping my art book and bag. What the f**k was that? I knew for a fact there wasn't a wall there but damn did that hurt. Who puts a wall in the middle of a walkway?! I shook away the shock and dropped down to pick up my book, not bothering to check who or what I collided with. A hand picked up my book before I could and I looked up surprised once again. My eyes clashed with ice blue. Who the hell is this?