Chapter Sixteen

I stayed wrapped up in Hoani's arms but never returned the hug. This is all so stupid! This guy is how many years older than me? I got mad at him for what? Because I was jealous? Did I have the right to be jealous? I knew I was crushing hard on Hoani but that didn't mean I was in love with him. At least I don't think I was in love with him? That's a thought for another day.

It's weird though, even after what happened to me I am still able to be near men. I don't mind them touching me or talking to me. I guess I've just distanced myself away from all the pain of 'THAT' night? I'm not really sure but I'm not going to let 'THAT' night ruin the rest of my life. Besides there are way too many hot dudes out there to just stop talking to them! Huh?... I guess I understand why my friends were so quick to assume I had left with that guy. I really am fickle.

I pulled away from Hoani after a few minutes and looked around the room. They were all giving me this sad and nervous look. I ignored them all and stood up, walking towards Lucas. He smiled and stood up instantly. I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tightly. He held me tight against him for a few seconds before pulling back. "You ok?" He asked as he pulled back. "I'm fine." I said again. He frowned down at me. "V? Talk to me. What's wrong?" Lucas asked while pulling back some more to look down at me. I smiled up at him and shook my head. "I'm fine, Lucas. Honest." I said softly. His eyes clashed with mine as he tried to read what was wrong with me. I turned away before he could look too deeply.

I moved away and turned towards Mr and Mrs Anderson. "I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused you. I promise you won't hear anything regarding me again." I said with a soft smile. They looked at me confused. "What do you mean, dear?" Mrs Kathy asked. "I mean, I won't bother you or your family while I'm in town. I've decided to keep to myself and leave this town once school has finished." I said. I had made my choice. Once school had finished and I graduated, I was going to hunt down the son of b**** who did this to me. I was going to leave this town and never come back.

"What do you mean 'keep to myself and leave this town'? V? Are you really going to leave?" Lucas asked while grabbing my arm and turning me towards him. I pulled my arm away and frowned up at him. "That's exactly what I just said, Lucas. I don't want to stay in this town anymore. It hurts too much. I don't want to deal with the people in this town anymore, I'm over it. I just want to graduate high school and then go travel around the world." I said while looking up at him.

"But we know the truth now. Why are you still leaving?" Lucas asked as he moved closer to me. I sighed and took a step back. "It doesn't matter whether you all know the truth or not. It changes nothing. I am still leaving." I said. "But why?! I don't get it?!" Lucas growled. "Just drop it, Lucas. It doesn't matter why I am going, I just am. Nothing you say is going to change my mind." I said softly. "F*** that! Tell me why you're going!" Lucas growled getting angrier. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Why the f*** should I tell you? Who are you to me?" I growled getting annoyed. He flinched but held strong. "F*** off Veronica! You don't get to say that s*** to me! You know exactly who I am to you! Now tell me why you're leaving?" Lucas yelled back at me. I growled at him. "Fine! You want to know? I'm leaving because I hate this f**king town! I hate the people! I hate how every single person here has hated me at some point! I hate that the few good things in my life were all ripped away from me! I hate that the people who were supposed to care about me the most abandoned me! I hate the constant bullying! I hate that I am constantly covered in bruises! I hate that my so-called friends left me alone to get abused by some psycho in an alley! You think that was the only time I was attacked! Well it wasn't! It's just the first time it went that far! I have been beaten over and over and over again and where were you?! Do you know how many times I've had to drag myself to a hospital because of your rugby team?! Do you know what it's like to wake up every morning in pain?! What it's like to have sleep as the only relief from the pain?! To wake up every morning and have to go through the same thing EVERY F**KING DAY! So yes Lucas! I want to f**king leave this bulls*** town!" I yelled as tears once again streamed down my face. Shock widened his eyes. He moved and grabbed my arms. I pushed him away. "Don't f**king touch me!" I yelled at him.