Chapter Twenty Two

Hey everyone, I know it has been a very very long time since I last updated this story but if you are still waiting patiently then THANK YOU SO MUCH! Trust me, I know the pain of waiting for a story to take forever to update lol. Anyway thanks again for the wait and I hope everyone is keeping safe during this COVID pandemic and protect yourselves during the protests. I may not live in the US but I support Black Lives Matter! All lives cannot matter UNTIL BLACK LIVES MATTER!!

Hope you enjoy the new update and stay safe everyone xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am currently in a car with my father, heading to an unknown location. My father had woken me up in the middle of the night and told me to get dressed before meeting him downstairs. His tone of voice had me on high alert instantly and I knew it was time. We had been driving for the past 20 minutes and all I could see were trees that stretched on for miles and miles. It was confusing and gave off the typical gory horror movie feel due to it being the middle of the night. I had my headphones on, trying to ignore the panic that was racing through my body. I took a few deep breaths to try to calm myself down.

"He can't do anything to me anymore." I kept telling myself this over and over again. No matter how unaffected and strong I tried to act, I just couldn't shake this fear and nervousness that's cursing through my body. Knowing I will be near him again is freaking me out and I want it gone! I drowned myself in music, trying desperately to ignore the feelings racing throughout my body.

I felt the car slow down and finally took off my headphones. We had arrived. I looked around to see where we where. It was now or never. I stepped out of the car and pulled my black leather jacket tighter around me before following my father to an old looking warehouse. We had travelled for a good 40-50 minutes and most of that travel was across dirt road to reach this warehouse. It reminded me of every horror movie warehouse ever. Darkened out windows, a single flickering light, the abandoned looking feel it gave off and the dark forest in every direction sent small shivers up my spine. "Veronica." My father called out with impatience clear in his voice. I shook myself and moved quickly to follow after my father.

We went into the warehouse and saw a single light in the middle of the warehouse. The person sitting under that light had me tensed instantly. It was "HIM" , the a**hole that took away a piece of me. Something that I'll never be able to get back. He was tied to a chair and gagged. I saw the shock in his eyes when he saw me. He realised why this was happening to him. I nodded towards Shadow who was standing a few feet away from that guy. Shadow returned the nod. I saw the guy in the chair starting to cry. I don't know what was going to happen but I just knew I needed to be here. I needed to make sure he was gone. I needed to make sure he was never able to hurt me or anyone else ever again.

My father gave Shadow a nod and Shadow walked off somewhere. He came back with a trolley full of knives, a battery and cables, pliers and multiple other things. He then walked off again and came back with a drum full off some sort of liquid. "Veronica, once you see this, your life will change forever. Do you want to stay?" My father asked. I shivered. Should I stay? I won't ever be the same again. I'll most likely be watching someone get tortured to death. My heart turned cold. I steeled myself to say yes but at the last second I crumbled.

"I... Father, I'm not sure. I want him to pay for what he's done to me but I'm not sure if I can stay here and watch this..." I lowered my head in disappointment. "I'm sorry, Father." I said quietly. I jumped slightly when I felt a hand fall on my shoulder. Looking up startled, I see my fathers calm expression. "Go wait in the car, I'll be out in a second." My father said while looking at me. I wasn't able to read his face or his eyes. I had no idea how he felt right now but I nodded and walked out to the car.