Chapter Three

There was a shift in the air, something had changed with the people of Raven Grove. Everywhere I went people were giving me this strange look. Don't get me wrong, I still had the constant teasing with people calling me 'fat', 'ugly' and everything else associated with being fat but most of the time, people were just sending me strange looks like they were trying to figure something out. I was at a total loss as to why they were looking at me like that. All through my morning classes and as I was walking down the hall, every single person I passed would give me that same strange look before they began whispering amongst themselves. I was slightly curious about it but decided it just wasn't worth my time.

I was currently sitting in my food tech class surrounded by people who kept sending me that same strange look. Seriously? What the f**k do you want? It also didn't help that I was annoyed because today was a theory class which meant no free food for me. I glanced around the classroom moving only my eyes and noticed everyone was still looking at me. Going from ignored every day of your life to being stared at by everyone is seriously giving me the creeps. Why the hell are they looking at me? I was about to say something when the bell rang for lunch. I quickly packed up all my things and made my way towards the door. "Why her?" I heard one of them whisper quietly. What the hell are they on about? Why me what? Oh who f**kin cares! They're all a bunch of idiots anyway.

I put all my books in my locker and made my way towards the cafeteria, ignoring the whispers that followed me. I grabbed a couple mini pizzas, large fries, a double chocolate muffin and can of lemonade before making my way to my table outside. I was just finishing off my first pizza and reaching for my second when a large hand grabbed it. I followed the hand growling. My eyes connected with a pair of amusement filled ice blue eyes.

"Ryder! Give me back my pizza." I growled at him. He just gave me a small smirk and took a huge bite out of MY pizza. I gasped shocked when he sat down opposite me and pulled MY food towards him. He polished off the pizza and fries while I just stared at him shocked. What the hell is this idiot doing? He was eating all my food. Ryder was reaching for my chocolate chip muffin when I snapped out of my daze and quickly grabbed my muffin before he did.

"Mine." I growled. He raised an eyebrow at me before reaching across the table and snatching the muffin away. I gasped, quickly reaching for it but he took a huge bite out of MY muffin while smirking at me. He extended the muffin towards me. "Want some?" He asked in that oh so sexy deep voice of his. I leaned back giving him a disgusted look.

He smirked at me finishing off the last of my muffin. A**hole. I sighed reaching for my drink when he snatched it away and drank the whole can in one gulp. I stood up slamming my hands on the table "Damn you Ryder! You better hope they still have food left or you're going to pay." I growled at him.

I grew annoyed when he still had that stupid but amazingly sexy smirk on his face. Ignoring him and grabbing my bag, I walk past him. I jolted to a stop when someone grabbed my wrist causing an electric jolt to run up my arm. I yanked my hand away and glared down at Ryder. "Sit down, kitten." I ignored him, rolling my eyes and turned to keep walking away. Ryder quickly reached out and grabbed my wrist. Shivers went down my spine as l was once again hit with that electric jolt. I tried pulling my hand away but he just held it tighter. "Sit down." He growled again. Grumbling to myself I sat down opposite him again while he rummaged through his bag.

"What?" I growled at him. He ignored me and kept looking through his bag. F*** this! I got up again when Ryder's eyes met mine. His eyes were hard and dark, showing just how pissed off he was getting with me. I gave him a blank stare not the least bit scared. He growled and his eyes turned darker looking almost black. "Sit down, Veronica." He warned. I gave him a blank stare and kept standing long enough for him to know l wasn't scared of him before sitting back down. His eyes lightened slightly and l saw a smile play over his lips.