Chapter Twenty One

The police have been here for over an hour now and it looked like they didn't plan on leaving any time soon either. It pissed me off to no end but there wasn't much I could do about it. I had given up after the first 15 minutes when they had refused to leave. I am now currently in the bar/kitchen trying to find something to cook. I pulled out the ingredients for a ham sandwich. I smiled at my ham, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and mayo sandwiches. Yummy. I cleaned up my mess before sitting at the bar to enjoy my sandwiches. I had just taken my first bite when I felt someone sit to my left. I turned and saw Hoani sitting there. Ugh! I didn't bother to say anything and just turned away finishing my sandwiches.

"Really? You're not going to talk to me anymore?" Hoani asked with a quiet almost broken sounding voice. I quickly finished my sandwich and got up to wash my dishes before turning back to him. "What do you want me to say?" I asked in a blank voice. His eyes filled with hurt and he had a sad aura rolling off him. "You broke up with me Hoani. You don't get to act all depressed when I did nothing wrong." I said in that same blank voice. He flinched at my words but still said nothing. I rolled my eyes and walked away from him. He moved to grab my arm but I moved out of his reach and continued outside.

I walked out and saw that Manaaki's car was still blocked in. I sighed in annoyance and looked around to see most of the bikers at tables scattered around the place. Angel, Mel, Tiny and Ryder were sitting at the table closest to me. Those two annoying detectives were also standing next to the table. I walked over and sat down next to Mel which put me opposite Angel and the closest to the detectives. "Sooo... How much longer are you guys going to be here? I have places to be, you know." I asked while drumming my fingers on the table and looking at the detectives. They both looked at me. "As long as it takes." The gay detective said. "As long as what takes?" I asked in annoyance. The detectives just glared at me but said nothing. What the actual f***?! I groaned and moved to lay my head on my arms that were now resting on the table, this is boring and stupid.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and pulled it out. I looked at my phone and quickly sat up. I looked at my phone with wide nervous eyes when I saw the name on my screen. I slid the green phone across my screen and put the phone to my ear. "Father?" I answered nervously. "You will tell me why you got in touch with Shadow now." My father stated in a serious voice. He didn't sound angry or annoyed which was positive for me, he just sounded blank. I swallowed and looked around me. "I was helping out a friend. I had to do what needed to be done. " I said with a hesitant voice. My father stayed quiet for a very long time but I knew to stay silent and wait for him to speak. "How's the weather?" My father finally asked and I fought back a smile. He remembered the code I made up when I was a little girl. It was our way of checking if the other was able to talk now. "It's sunny." I said softly. We were to respond a certain way depending on if we were able to talk.

Sunny - cops are around but no danger
Hot - cops are around and need assistance
Cloudy - my mother is around
Clear - I'm free to talk now
Cold - I need your help now
Getting dark/it's late - I'm busy right now but will call you back later

It wasn't the best code in the world but I was 10 when I made it up, so sue me. "Call me back when you can. And Veronica, I expect a full explanation when you call me." He said in a cold voice. "Yes, father." I responded before he hung up the phone. I sighed and put my phone back into my pocket. "Problem?" Angel asked. I shrugged. "Erik Wilson is not impressed that his youngest daughter is in a bikers clubhouse." I said with a shrug. "Erik Wilson? As in owner of Wilson Industries, Erik Wilson? That's your father?" The gay detective asked nervously. I eyed him up and down slowly. "The one and only." I said as I eyed the detective confused. Every single cop instantly turned pale. They looked like they had just seen a ghost. What's their problem? Without another word, every single cop turned and walked towards their cars. Within 5 minutes they had all left.