Chapter Fifteen

I awake to a beeping sound next to me confused. Where am I? I tried to open my eyes but pain flashed throughout my body. F***! Memories of last night flooded my mind. Anger filled me as I realised what had happened. How dare that motherf**king a**hole do this to me! Wait until I see that son of a b**** again. I'll make him pay for what he did to me.

I forced my swollen eyes to open as much as possible and looked around the empty room. No one. There was no one here. Of course, there was no one here. Sadness flooded me as I realised how alone I really was. Whatever! You've been alone all this time girl, is it really that surprising? Besides, no one saw what happened last night. How are they supposed to know where I am? My eyes flashed towards the door as a nurse walked in. "You're awake. How do you feel?" Asked the nurse. I frowned at her. How the f*** you think lady?!! "Sorry. I'll just check your vitals and then go get the doctor for you. I'm sure you have a lot of questions." The nurse said. A few minutes later a female doctor came back to check on me. "Hello Miss Wilson, My name is Dr Khan." She started. I looked at her confused. How did she know who I was? "We were able to get your name thanks to the ID you had on you." She said, seeing my confused look. "I'm sure you have some questions." Dr Khan said. I nodded as best I could.

"How bad?" I asked with a strained voice. The nurse came over and increased my painkillers. "You have 2 fractured ribs. Severe swelling and bruising to your throat, internal and external bruising on your face, arms, legs and stomach. The swelling and bruising should heal fully within 3 weeks. The fractures, however, will take as long as 2 months depending on how you rest. We would like you to stay here for a few days to keeps an eye on you, as we are worried that you may stop breathing due to the swelling to your throat." Dr Khan stated. I shivered as I realised it could have been a lot worse.

"There is something else I must let you know. Due to our hospitals' policy, we did have to do fill out a r*** kit on you last night, as we noticed some bruising and semen around your v***na." Dr Khan states softly. I shivered as I realised what this meant. "I know this is tough Miss Wilson but I need to know if you would like to be given something to stop the chances of getting pregnant from this event?" Dr Khan asked softly. I nodded my head yes. "Ok, we can get that organised for you. It is up to you to decide if you would like to report this to the police?" Dr Khan asked. I shook my head no. "I do realise that you don't want to get into trouble for underage drinking but you should not let the person who did this to you get away with what he has done. If you do feel like reporting it to the police then let the nurse know. They will be able to get it organised for you. Also is there anyone you would like us to call?" Dr Khan asked.

I shook my head no. "My parents are out of the country. There's no one else to call." I wheezed. "You're under 18, Miss Wilson. We have to call someone." Dr Khan said. "I'll call someone." I whispered. Dr Khan frowned but she said nothing else. She went over what I would have to do and how they would look after me. She also explained all my clothes, ID and phone were in the drawer next to me. I asked the nurse to give me my phone before she left.

I looked at my phone and tears flooded my eyes. I had messages from all my friends.

From Sophia:
"Wow V! I can't believe you just did that! You went home with some other guy after making out with Hoani! How desperate are you?!"

From Katie:
"Seriously? STAY AWAY FROM MY BROTHER!"

From Lucas:
"Where are you? Are you ok?"
"I know you didn't leave with that guy V. Tell me where you are!"
"Veronica!"
"Seriously! I'm getting worried here! Where are you?!"
"Answer your damn phone!"
"VERONICA!"
"S***! You better be ok! Ignore Sophia and Katie."
"Please call me when you can."