34

Brian broke the news to the boys and everyone watched Sungjin carefully. He didn't show any emotions which was even scarier.

--

They all wanted to attend her funeral but Wonpil told them they didn't have to. He stayed home for a couple more days after her funeral before returning to Seoul.

Everywhere was quiet in the apartment. Even when they went out. No one spoke.

JYP called the boys to tell them Arin had resigned.

"She doesn't think she was fit for the job anymore." He said.

Jae felt even worse. "When does she start physical therapy?"

"You should ask her yourself."

When the call was ended, Jae went over to Minjoo's apartment. Arin opened the door and he walked in to see everything wrapped up and packed.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"I can't live here anymore... the person who signed the lease is gone plus it's traumatizing to be in the same apartment she was."

"is that why you're also quitting?"

"Well I can't walk, and I don't think I'll be able to drive in a while... the trauma."

"I'm sorry."

"You've apologized already. It's fine."

"What are you gonna do now?"

"I'm going back to LA." She smiled. "Maybe Korea just isn't for me."

----

Wonpil returned from his trip and it took a while for everyone to start smiling and living normal.

A week went by and they noticed the apartment across was already put up for rent again. No one spoke of it. No one spoke of Minjoo again.

Once Sungjin was able to take off his cast, he wanted to get extremely busy so he didn't get the chance to think of her. He told JYP he wanted to act in a drama to clear his mind and get busy.

Wonpil was overly happy and always smiling, but it was obvious it was a cover-up. He spoke less but he never failed to join a conversation that was already going.

Things were still awkward between him and Sungjin, and even if they denied it numerous times, the other members weren't buying it.

Jae called for a meeting and they all sat in the living room to talk.

"I set up a trip for some healing."

"Nice/Great/Not bad/When?" They all responded in order of Sungjin, Wonpil, Dowoon and Brian.

"For just Wonpil and Sungjin though."

"WHAT." The two awkward members yelled.

"Calm down calm down... you guys need it the most. We'll join you if you want."

"Yes please." Sungjin immediately blurted and Wonpil nodded in agreement.

---
The next week was better than the last. The boys were all busy doing their own individual activities.

Brian finally graduated with a degree in business administration. Dowoon enrolled in a vocal training class but he hadn't gone to the first class yet. Sungjin was auditioning for multiple drama roles to try his luck. Wonpil and Jae were the only ones not really busy but they chose to write songs together.

As the days were getting closer to their planned healing trip Wonpil and Sungjin tried to work on solving their awkwardness with each other.

Even though they were roommates, one always woke up earlier and left the room to avoid being awake together in silence.

thanks for reading!