23

"You can't just go out right after getting the car," Brian told Jae who was pacing all over the apartment to show how excited he was. "Do you even have your license?"

"International one. I can use that at least this once, I'll go work on getting the new one."

"I can't believe Hyungnim literally didn't ask about your license, the most important thing." Brian shook his head. "Also let's do something to make Wonpil feel better. His countenance is actually starting to irritate me."

"Something like what?"

"Maybe a drive to the beach right now to clear his mind?"

Jae shook his head frantically, "I just told you about my plans."

"With Jimin."

"Why? Do you have a problem?"

"Is she more important than Wonpil?"

"I mean.. technically..."

"Exactly just admit you like her already."

"UGH I DO NOT."

---

It was already evening and Minjoo still wasn't out of bed. Sungjin went to check on her numerous times but she kept on saying she wasn't hungry.

He knocked this time with a tray of porridge and water, "My sister just dropped this off for you. I told her you had a fever."

"I told you I'm not hungry."

"I know," he said and sat next to her. "But please eat this. Just a spoonful?"

"I don't want it." She shook her head and before she realized it, tears were running down her face, She couldn't explain how she was feeling but it was better to pour everything out with the tears.

Without asking any questions, he set the tray aside and pulled her into a hug, Her body was burning. "It's ok."

Those words made her feel worse. It wasn't ok. Nothing was ok. Any moment from then, she could be dead.

"Please just leave.. I want to be alone." She broke the hug. "Don't ask."

He wanted to push it, but then again she was probably going through something he didn't understand as a guy.

His first thoughts were to ask if she needed pads or tampons but he didn't want to sound rude.

"Are you..." He paused to think of a way to construct the question. "is it that time?"

She couldn't help but burst out laughing and he just stood there awkwardly. "Why do guys always blame it on that time of the month?" She quoted with her fingers in the air.

"At least I got you to laugh." He sat down back beside her. "Please just a spoonful?" He held the bowl of porridge and pouted.

She smiled and nodded. "Just one."

He fed her but it took forever for her to munch on it and swallow. She really had no appetite and was simply trying to eat because of his efforts. Tears were about to fall again but she held them back and forced a smile.

---

Jae contemplated on telling their manager about his plans but he knew he'll screw it up the moment he tells her so he decided to just leave without her knowledge.

He met up with Jamie at a cafe and then they went for a ride in his new car. He couldn't explain why he loved her company but he knew he did. Soon after hopping into the vehicle, he got a call from Arin.

He didn't answer it the first two times she called.

"Who's that?" Jamie asked when it was ringing for the third time. "You're not gonna answer?"

"I'm driving," Jae said as an excuse.

His phone started ringing again but this time it was Brian calling.

Jamie looked at the screen, "Younghyun." She said.

"Answer it."

"Hey what's up? Jae is driving-"

"Who is this?"

Jamie was stunned by the female voice on the phone. She quickly put it on speaker.

"Jae are you there?"

Jae panicked and brought the car to a stop.
"H-Hello-"

"Be back in five minutes."

The call was ended and Jae sighed.

"Who was that?" Jamie asked. "Your new manager? Why does she care?"

"I'm not supposed to leave without her consent plus I haven't gotten my license."

"And you took me out for a ride??"

--

Arin returned the phone to Brian. "I'm gonna wait for him." She said and proceeded to sit in their living room.

When Jae refused to pick up her call three times, she went over to Day6's apartment to have Brian call him instead.

"Would you like water?" Brian asked to calm the angry manager down.

---

youngk cringing afterward is a big mOOD

and

boi the no of times ive changed the cover of this ff...

thanks for reading!