22

"Sorry, it doesn't work that way." Sungjin concluded and sat in front of her to watch her eat.

He was dying to kiss her as well but he wanted to make it special and not just because she asked him to do it. So many things went through his mind as he watched her eat. What the next week was going to be like for him... with her by his side.

"So you're Wonpil's age?" He asked and she almost coughed out what she was chewing.

She nodded, "So you're older than me."

"Don't talk with your mouth full." He stretched a finger to wipe the corner of her mouth where a crumb of bread was stuck.

"Thanks." She giggled like a child.

"You're adorable." He said pulling her cheeks.

"I'm not a baby."

"But you're cute."

"Call me something other than cute... like sexy?"

"You ask for too much."

----

The next day, Jae went to talk to JYP about getting him a car. He listed out countless numbers of reasonable reasons but the CEO just sighed and said, "for what?"

"Hyungnim did you even listen to me?"

"Well yeah but I don't trust you enough... you might suddenly run off one day."

"I won't, I promise."

"I have a few conditions."

"As ususal."

"Do you want a car or not?" The CEO threatened.

Jae gestured to zip his lips and smiled brightly for JYP to keep talking.

"You have to drive with your manager for at least a week, she's an experienced driver."

"So am I."

"You haven't driven in so long."

Jae nodded to acknowledge that statement rather than letting him know he drove the night before. "What else?"

"I'll have my eyes on the car 24/7 so don't think of just driving off, let me know your whereabouts and destination before you do."

"Yes, sir."

"Do you want to pick out the model yourself?"

"I'm fine with whatever you give me."

"I'll have it sent to your apartment later today."

---

Jae ran into the practice room to give a victory dance. "He said yes." He told the members.

"That easy?" Brian asked surprised.

"Well he had a few conditions as you mentioned but he'll send it over later today."

Dowoon also looked excited at the news but Wonpil didn't smile at all. He was doing everything nonchalantly and his eye bags were so visible.

"Did you sleep at all?" Jae asked.

He barely nodded and carried on with what he was doing. He felt so angry at Brian for him being the one to break the sad news to him but he was more angry at himself.

Depression was kicking in fast at the thought of his girlfriend in his band mate's house. Especially because she was dying soon.

---

It almost felt as if Sungjin and Minjoo lived alone. His parents were barely in the house and his sister stopped by frequently to drop off food but she never stayed too long.

Sungjin was still nervous every time he had to sit or stand close to Minjoo. He practiced how to talk to her before he started conversations but it never went as planned and this day was just the worse.

As usual, he knocked on the room door, walked in to open the blinds and sat on the edge of the bed to talk to her half-sleeping self.

"I already planned out our course for the entire week, I'll show you around-" He paused when he noticed the blanket was over her head and she was squirming under it. "What's wrong?" He panicked and pulled the covers.

She was drenched in a pool of blood on the pillow and it was running out of her nose. She was in pain all over her body and she could barely move because of how heavy her body felt.

He struggled to sit her up just using one hand. "What's wrong?? Should I call an ambulance-"

She stopped him from moving. "I'm in pain... My whole body is weak and heavy.."

"So- Are you- What- Should I-" He took a deep breath to calm down. "Does this happen frequently? What do you do to stop it- Oh first." He ran to the bathroom and returned with some tissue. He managed to twist it, using his fingers from the arm in the cast as well, and gently stuck it up her nose.

"My bag... there's a container."

He followed her inaudible instructions and pulled out a small container of pills.  Then he went to get water in a cup. "Here."

She forced the medication down her throat. "I'll be fine... I'll sleep more."

Sungjin worriedly stood there thinking of what to do. She didn't want him to call an ambulance when she clearly understood what was wrong with her.

He went to get a towel and a bowl of water. Then he gently took off the cast on his unhealed arm, so he could squeeze well. It hurt a lot but it was worth it to him.

He dipped the towel in the water, squeezed it and dabbed it across Minjoo's sweaty face and neck. "What are the pills for? I think you have a fever." He said. "But you just happened to nosebleed as well."

She chuckled a little and mumbled,  "That'll be so much better."

"Do you get nosebleeds often?"

"Sometimes. I'm very healthy though so I probably just overwork my brain till it starts complaining."

"You're joking so you must feel better." He went to put away the towel and water and came back. "Do you have an appetite? I'll make you whatever you want."

"I'm fine. Just put your arm back in the cast so it can heal up fast."

---

As promised, JYP sent over the new car to Day6's apartment and Jae went to the parking lot to see a 2018 Nissan Murano. He was completely satisfied and could barely contain the excitement.

He called Jamie.

"Let's go for a drive whenever you're free."

-

uwu

gonna update every two days, wanna get this over with

here's jae for you to bare with me (:

thanks for reading !! <3