17

Minjoo still felt empty no matter how she tried to cheer herself up. She'd swear she won't bother Wonpil anymore but thinking about how long she had left made her go back on her words. The crippling fear made her seek attention.

She slowly walked up to their door and rang the doorbell.

Brian who was walking out of the bathroom from shaving went to open it. He smiled and wasn't surprised at seeing her at all, "hello."

"Hi." She nervously smiled back. "You're probably tired of seeing me."

"I really don't care..." He said bluntly with a smile still on his face. "It's just funny watching Wonpil act like an idiot and you act desperate."

"I look stupid to you, huh?" She sighed.

"I just don't understand why you keep coming here no matter how many times he pushes you away."

"I can't help it."

"Just get over him or pretend like you have that way he'll come running after you."

"I tried that at least once but he didn't even budge."

"Well then try again."

"It's not easy for me."

"Why not?"

She hesitated before deciding to let it out. "I'm sick."

"Aren't we all?"

"No I'm really-" She choked on her words and took a deep breath before completing her sentence. "sick." It was the first time she was being honest with anyone and she felt a sense of relief. Without realizing it, a tear dropped.

Brian was now confused and worried at the same time. He awkwardly stood there waiting for her to get the moment she needed. "You're.. really.. sick?" He asked slowly after she had wiped her tears.

She nodded, "Leukemia."

Brian had never felt so shocked in his life. She didn't look like a patient at all. He was reminded of all the times she had approached Wonpil and how she was treated. It made him angry for some reason. "You can treat it, can't you? Chemotherapy- The hospital- We can go there and-"

She shook her head and forced her lips to spread into a smile, before completely breaking down in tears. "L-Last stage." She let out and immediately started shaking. Just saying it alone made her even more afraid. "Treatment is useless. I have less than two weeks or two weeks at the most..."

"Can I hold you?" Brian didn't know what else to say or do. He wrapped his hands around her, "It's ok." He whispered. "It's ok."

He patiently waited for her to cry her heart out and get everything off her chest.

"Thank you." She took a step back. Her entire face was red and her eyes were swollen. "Now do you understand why I act as desperate as I do?"

"I'm sorry for calling you desperate." He said feeling guilty.

"You don't have to apologize for the truth." She giggled softly. "Don't pity me. It'll be over in two weeks."

"You're not afraid?"

"I am." She exhaled loudly. "Sometimes it hits hard and I break down like I just did, other times I think dying would just be better for me... and everyone."

"I'm so sorry."

"I'm fine now, thank you for hugging me. I had a shoulder to cry on today."

"Do you want me to tell Wonpil-"

"Nope. Don't bother. I don't want him to be nice to me because I'm leaving soon. If his feelings are not sincere then so be it. I'll just find true love with someone else within the next week to fully live life." She said and smiled. "Just act like you don't know anything, okay?"

He smiled back.

---

"Get your ass up and shower." Jae threw a book at Brian but he dodged. "How long are you gonna be on the phone for??!" He threw something else and the bassist dodged again.

Brian had been talking and giggling on the phone with Jeongyeon for the past hour. It was irritating for both Jae and Dowoon who had to put up with it as his roommates.

"Hyung we're gonna leave in thirty minutes," Dowoon added sounding frustrated as well.

"Does Jeongyeon know she's dating a stinking fool- I'm gonna tell her to rethink her decision." Jae shook his head and walked out.

"I'm with Jae hyung on this one." Dowoon also walked out to the living room where everyone else was.

They had all showered and dressed up waiting for Brian so that they could go to JYP ent.

When the bassist finally got himself together, they headed downstairs. They walked to take the elevator but saw that it was broken.

"We gotta walk down the stairs??" Brian whined.

"No we're flying downstairs," Jae responded sarcastically.

--

Minjoo had sat at her door waiting for the right moment to "bump" into the boys but even when she heard them come out, she hesitated until it was too late. She had done enough trespassing so she didn't want to enter their apartment anymore.

--

"I haven't seen her in a while," Jae commented on their way downstairs. Everyone unconsciously looked at Wonpil and he felt the guilt rush up his face.

"What??" He tried to sound defensive.

"Nah/Nada/Nothing/What." They all responded in order of Sungjin, Brian, Dowoon and Jae.

"It's been a couple of hours plus someone keeps pushing her away," Brian added and stared right into Wonpil's soul.

"I still find it weird that you're cousins." Sungjin joined in.

"Cause they're not," Brian responded, causing Wonpil to immediately look at him confused.

"They aren't?" Dowoon asked.

"We are." Wonpil nervously said, nudging Brian with his elbow to question why he just said that.

"Not." Brian added and smiled.

They got to the ground floor and saw their van already pulled up in the front of the building. Arin honked to get their attention and they hurried to get in.

----

idek anymore

but

thanks for reading! <3