24

Jae quickly dropped Jamie off at the same cafe they met up then he sped his way home. He barged in to the apartment and was flustered to see Arin sitting right there.

"I can explain-"

"Your keys." Arin put her hand out for him to drop it. "JYP asked me to confiscate them."

"You told him I took the car out?" Jae scoffed. "That's actually petty."

"He told me." She emphasized.

JYP meant it when he said he would be watching everything Jae did with the car. He had told the security department of the apartment building to give him a call when the car drove out of the parking lot.

"Let me have it." She pushed out her hand further. "I'm only following instructions."

"This is so unnecessary." He threw the keys on the sofa and walked away. He slammed the door to his room and dived on his bed. He dug his head in the pillow to scream.

"Did she leave?" Brian who was also there asked.

"Why did you give her the phone to call me?" Jae glared at him.

"I had no choice, she said it was hyungnim's orders."

Jae looked up at what he was doing. "I thought you graduated already?"

"I have two weeks to wrap up everything to get my actual degree." He said and went back to typing his thesis statement.  "There are no classes anymore but I have to complete this."

"Ugh... you're gonna graduate soon, you were caught having a girlfriend, dowoon is gonna start classes soon, Wonpil is depressed, Sungjin broke his arm. And then I'm just here."

"We have a lot going on, don't we?" Brian sighed. "At least we're inactive until Sungjin gets better."

---

Arin felt bad for having to take away Jae's car keys. She understood how frustrated he was and that's why she didn't get mad when he flung the keys at her. Instead, she called JYP to talk to him about it.

"...how about I drive with him for at least a week, then we can do the paperwork for him to get his license..."

Wonpil walked into the living room to see her on the phone. He could care less about what she was doing there but he wanted to ask a few questions about Minjoo so he waited for her to be done.

"Does Minjoo act strange when you guys are alone?"

"I've seen her cry multiple times, throw up... she mostly lies down all day. She says she's lazy." After speaking, Arin herself realized how strange that was. "Is something wrong with her?"

Wonpil shook his head and walked into the kitchen to let the tears fall. He didn't notice Dowoon who was on his laptop at the table.

The maknae just watched as he cried his heart out, pinching himself multiple times and trying not to be too loud.

"Hyung are you okay?" He moved towards him to give him a hug. "Why are you crying?"

Wonpil couldn't speak at that moment, he just needed the comfort. He squeezed Dowoon tight and cried on his shoulders.

He felt worse to think that he couldn't provide any comfort for minjoo when she was nearby. Now she was probably getting all the comfort from Sungjin. That made him even more depressed.

Dowoon just patted his back and kept telling him everything would be fine even though he didn't understand the situation.

---

Sungjin received the pictures of Jae's new car that he sent to their gc. He saw it as an opportunity to bring up a conversation with Minjoo.

He knocked on the room door and this time she answered before he walked in. "Please just leave me alone." She was sobbing and he could hear it.

"You're scaring me, what's wrong?" He cracked the door open and stuck his head out.

"I want to die." She said, hugging her knees to her chest. She was seated on the bed with her face totally wet from tears. He could see her veins on her temple, showing how much she had cried.

The doctor had told her somedays, she'll be in indescribable pain and other days she won't and then silently she might just die.

"I want to die so bad." She dropped her head on her knees.

"Are you hurting? Where are you hurting? I can call the ambulance right now."

"There's no need, this will pass away very soon... so just leave me alone."

"You're in pain, I can't just leave you."

"GO AWAY."

"TELL ME WHAT TO DO-" He exhaled to stop yelling. "I'm calling the ambulance." He was about to dial the number when she reached for his hand and snatched the phone.

"I'm sick." She blurted and it became silent. "I have all the medication I need, there's no point going to the hospital, they'll just have me hospitalized when I could be enjoying my last days with the people I love."

"Your... l-last days?"

"Last stage of leukemia. There's no need for treatment at this point, I'm not gonna live for very much long-"

Sungjin felt his world crumbling. He couldn't hear anything else even though he could see her mouth was moving.

"..please don't feel emotional. Right now I need one of us to be strong... atleast for the both of us." She sniffed and wiped the tears off her face.

"I need a second." He quickly left the room, so he wouldn't show her his weak side.

--

thanks for reading!!