19

"Lucky you." Jae said after JYP had left. "You get to go home."

"Please, I'd trade places with you right now. You can have the broken arm and cast." Sungjin retorted.

---

Dowoon tried to start up a few conversations with Minjoo but her mind seemed to be focused only on Sungjin's well-being.

He felt it as a slap on his face because he wasn't able to even like her as he wanted. She was way out of his league.

"We can be friends, right?"

She chuckled, "Of course, we're already friends. I'm just a little older than you."

"Since we're friends, I'll ask you this straightforward."

"Sure."

"Do you like Sungjin hyung?"

It got silent and she couldn't answer. She wanted to outrightly say she didn't but the fact that she hesitated told her she felt differently. "I don't know." She simply said.

--

Sungjin was discharged and they called Arin to come get them from the hospital.

Once they arrived home, Sungjin went to pack. Dowoon offered to help him fold and arrange his belongings.

"Hyung."

"Mmm."

"I asked Minjoo if she likes you."

"Really?" Sungjin tried to seem normal about it. "Isn't she a Wonpil fan?"

"They're cousins."

"RIght. So what did... she say?"

"Can't tell you."

"Why?"

"I don't want to."

Sungjin wanted to press him about it but he didn't want to seem too desperate. "Are you jealous?" He teased.

"Not really."

"That means she said she doesn't like me?"

Dowoon shrugged instead of responding. "I can't wait to find someone I like who likes me back." He sighed. "All done." He stood up after putting Sungjin's luggage together.

"Thank you." The leader smiled at him.

Jae barged into the room, "Bob I just booked the earliest ticket for you."

"What time?"

"5 am."

"Works for me, thanks."

"Sure, I'll drive you to the train station."

---

The boys decided to stay up and wait until it was time for Sungjin to leave since there was no point sleeping. Even Brian and Wonpil who had to sing at the wedding decided to stay up.

As planned, Jae drove Sungjin to the train station with Day6's van. On their ride, it felt awkward because the two members were usually never left alone.

"How do you stop yourself from liking a person?" Sungjin asked to break the silence.

"You don't."

---

Brian walked over to Minjoo's apartment and rang the bell. She opened the door.

"I hope I didn't wake you up."

"It's fine. What's up?"

"I feel like you would care so I just wanted to tell you Sungjin is going home. He won't be here for two weeks."

Minjoo wanted to question why he was telling her but all she knew was the next thing, she was asking for his house address.

---

The wedding performance was a success and Sungjin had called them to let them know he arrived home safely.

Dowoon and Jae had also attended the wedding even though they weren't performing.

Wonpil had been wanting to confront Brian and ask why he was purposely trying to sabotage his "cousin" cover-up story. He finally got the perfect chance to do so after the wedding ceremony.

"Let's talk." He said and pulled Brian to the side of the reception hall.

"What's this about-"

"You know it."

"Minjoo?"

"Why are you trying to put it out there that she isn't my cousin?"

"Because I can. Plus you're being a jerk."

"Hyung."

"Let me give you a piece of advice, don't regret this. Well it might already be too late but still.."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not supposed to say anything but I think you need to know. She has leukemia and less than two weeks to live."

It felt as if Wonpil had been stabbed in the chest. He blanked out and stared into space. After regaining consciousness he attempted to leave.

"Where are you going?" Brian held him back.

"To go talk to her."

"It's already too late, she's not here. She went to Sungjin's place."

--

Thanks for reading !! <3