30

Jae was still fretting about what to do. He asked Brian for advice and he told him to not be bothered.

"I need to go help her." Jae turned to leave. "I feel so guilty. This is the least I can do."

"What would you be able to do? I mean she's a grown-up lady and you're a grown-up guy. It'll be uncomfortable. "

"But Minjoo isn't here, think of how hard it is for her. She can barely keep up with pushing herself around."

"You're too nice. No one would believe you were pissed at her before."

"Well that was before I crushed her pelvic bone.." He turned the knob and walked out. When he got to Minjoo's apartment he took a deep breath before ringing the bell.

"What do you want?" Arin sounded displeased to see Jae again.

"Can I come in first?"

"I guess." She moved out of the way without taking her eyes off him.

"Stop glaring at me."

Her face softened. "I'm just curious as to why you're here."

"I thought you would need help since Minjoo isn't here."

"Interesting." She wheeled backwards . "Well I was gonna take a bath since I can't stand to shower."

"I can help."

" You. Can. Help?? " She gave a puzzled look before smiling a little.

Jae looked down to avoid her stare. "Not to be sexual or anything but I can help. Tell me what to do. Like I can get you into the tub- wait not that way." He wiggled his hands in her face.

Arin giggled. "You're really cute sometimes."

"Of course I'm cute," Jae replied shyly. Then he paused to reset his countenance. Why was he acting so coy around a female he didn't like.

"Follow me." She wheeled herself to her room and opened a drawer. "Here," she handed him a sleeping eye mask. "A blindfold."

"I'm actually gonna help??"

"You wanted to and I do need help." She smiled and folded her hands. "Well excuse me, I need to take off my clothes, I'll push myself to the bathroom. I have the water set already so all you have to do is come in and help me into the bathtub when I call you. "

Jae nodded and went back to the living room.

She knows I can feel, right? He thought to himself but quickly shook his head before he started imagining things.

"You can come in, right now. Make sure you have it on. Watch your step!!"

He proceeded to the bathroom and put on the eye mask. "I'm coming in." He said and pushed the door open. " Okay where are you? " He stretched his hands forward, going through the air to find her.

"Walk to your left a little. Bend over."

He did as she instructed and set one hand on her shoulder. Then he bent over and scooped her up with his other hand. She wrapped her hands around his neck to stay balanced.

"Now move left even more and let me down." She started laughing. "This is so weird."

"It's fine, I don't feel anything -" Jae paused when he felt her hold him tighter. "What's wrong?"

"Wrong spot. You were gonna let me down on the floor. " She spoke, tickling his neck with her breath.

"My bad." He moved and put her in the tub. "Call me when you're done. "

She stripped off her towel when he was gone and relaxed in the water.

Jae sat in the living room, scrolling through Twitter on his phone. He kept looking at the time wondering when she'll be done.

"Jae!!"

"Finally." He got up and walked to the door, putting on the mask again. "I'm coming in." He opened the door and moved to the side of the tub.

"Okay previously I had my towel but now I have nothing and I am wet." (A/N: this sounds so wrong im sorry)

"It's fine, hand me your towel."

She did and he placed in it his hands in a way that when he held her she was sitting on the towel not his bare hands.

"You're gonna hold unto my neck just as you did before." He bent over and she did, then he straightened and lifted her. "Okay we good." He set her back down on the wheelchair.

"Thank you so much." She exhaled and stretched with a smile.

"Nah,  it wasn't a hassle to carry you. " He spoke still blindfolded.

"Ok. You can leave."

"Oh right." He awkwardly turned around and carefully walked out of the bathroom before taking off the eye mask.

----

lol

thanks for reading!!