Chapter 45

"We're going to the Death Valley. Do you guys want to come along?" Alexa asks as Marcel and I clean up after our breakfast. I look over to Marcel but he frowns and slightly shakes his head.

"Nope. Not interested in seeing a big, dried stretch of land."

"Thank you though." Marcel adds.

"Okay. We should be back by 9."

"That late?!"

"Yeah. You can use the tent if you get too cold." Alexa suggests and I'm not really sure if she's implying anything or if she simply meant that we can stay in the tent until they come. Probably the latter, because her expression is innocent as she turns to Zayn.

"Fine, but don't put the backseat back up."

"Okay see you tonight!"

Everyone says goodbye and before we know it Marcel and I are in the middle of the woods without any means of transport if we wanted to go to town and without any truly waterproof surface in case it's going to rain today.

"What if they don't come back?" I turn my head to Marcel and look up at him. He takes my chin between his thumb and forefinger and makes one of those 'oh-my-god-stop-being-cute' kind of grins a.k.a an affectionate teeth gritting.

"A) they will, because most of their belongings are still here and B) we don't care, because we're together."

"Okay." I smile.

We sit down on a blanket, and stay there for a very long time. Then, we both get hungry and eat, and then, we both take a nap. Well, actually, Marcel takes a nap and I lie next to him, because I'm not tired enough to actually sleep. And I also don't like the idea of sleeping in a tent. I check my phone every three minutes for any texts from Alexa and Zayn, but there are none. The boredom is what I hate most on trips like this. I'll admit, getting some fresh air and being in the middle of nature is relaxing, but up to a point where you've had enough.

"Delilah." Marcel mumbles against his pillow.

"Huh?"

"Rub my tummy." his face is still halfway buried into the pillow and his hands tucked underneath it.

"What?" I chuckle.

"Rub my tummy, it hurts." his face emerges from the cushion and he's pouting, with his eyes closed. He can't possibly be this cute.

"Okay. But turn around." he does as I say and I scoot closer to him. His arm wraps around my shoulders and I start rubbing his stomach, hopefully soothing his ache.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask him.

"Yeah. I had a really nice dream. I can't remember what it was, but you were in it."

"Aw, really?"

"Yeah."

"Are you feeling better?" I ask, referring to his stomach.

"No. My tummy is being mean."

"You're really cute when you say tummy."

"And you're really cute when you rub my tummy for me."

He turns to me and I turn to him and then I don't know who kisses who but we kiss.

"Do you want any pain relivers or something?"

"Nah, it'll go away."

We then decide to get out of the tent and enjoy the remaining sun of the afternoon. Looking around, Marcel points to the lake and nods toward it.