Chapter 9

I wake up in my bed, although I don't exactly know how I ended up here. Ahh, weekend. I check the clock to see what time it is, and it's only 8:30 a.m. As I don't have a boyfriend to cuddle with for the rest of the day, I jump out of bed and go make myself a cup of tea.

The sun is shining through the window in the living room, and I can feel today is going to be a beautiful day. I take my tea with me and go open the window, the chilly air making me shiver. I take in a huge breath and sip my tea while I watch Los Angeles waking up.

I decide to go for a walk when I finish my drink, Alexa and Zayn still not getting out of their room. I get dressed and go to the bathroom before I leave.

I walk slowly, allowing myself to think.

This week has been okay, I guess. The teachers are okay and my timetable isn't too full. I have already been to a party, which is not bad, as I am never invited to parties, and I have met Marcel there. Marcel... I didn't expect to crush on someone so early. Wait, no. I'm not crushing on him. He's my friend and he's getting bullied and I want to help him. Leeroy is so nice and I really like hanging out with him and Marcel. But, it's only been a week, and the school year only finishes in about 9 months... Like a pregnancy! Wei-

My thoughts are interrupted by a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see who it is. To my very surprise, it's Louis, Zayn's friend.

''Delilah! Hi.'' he smiles, and waves.

''Oh. Hi.'' I answer, a bit confused as to why he would be talking to me. He's covered in sweat, and breathing heavily. He runs a hand along his forehead and winks at me when he notices me staring. I blush. I like Louis alot, he's really hot and funny but I've stopped dreaming two years ago. I learned my lesson.

''So, listen. Zayn and I are going to this private party next Sunday and we need dates. Zayn will be taking Alexa of course, and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?'' he asks, not in the slightest nervous, just confident and charming.

My heart stops and I lose my breath for a second. Louis Tomlinson can't be seriously asking me to be his date to a party. I can't think right now, so all I do is blink and nod.

''Y-yeah, sure. I'll come with you.'' I say in a rush. He grins.

''That's what she said.'' he winks again and runs away, laughing loudly.

As he leaves, I'm just wondering if this was a joke or not. I'm going to ask Alexa. If it wasn't though, I'm just flattered that Louis asked me to go with him. I decide to walk home, because I'm unable to go back into my thinking right now. Suddenly, I wonder what Marcel will say about this. I hope he won't be mad. I feel so bad I almost call Louis and cancel. But I don't, because I have been waiting for this moment for forever, even though I thought it would never come.

Speaking about coming... He laughed when I said 'I'll come with you', and I really don't know how I should take that.

When I walk into the apartment, faint noises are heard from Alexa's bedroom. I knock on the wall.

''Keep it down!'' I scream, and they both burst out laughing.

I go to my room and check my phone. Nothing. I really want to call Marcel, but he'll think I'm obssessed, and that would be embarassing. But what if he's holding his phone right now, thinking the same thing. I take a deep breath, count to three and press the call button. It rings and rings and rings and no answer. I sigh and go to Alexa's bedroom.

''Are you done? Can I come in?'' I ask, knocking on the door.

''Yep.'' I hear her say.

Alexa is sitting on Zayn's chest, in only a bra, running her finger along his abs. Zayn is shirtless and holding Alexa close. I just wish I had that too.

''What are we doing today?'' I ask them both. Alexa shrugs.

''Okay, well, Marcel isn't answering his phone, and you've been in here since Thursday,. We could go shopping?'' I suggest.

''What about Zayn?'' she asks, and I can't help but groan really loudly.

''Zayn can go hang out with his friends, or something! These last few weeks we've been barely spending time together! I know he's your boyfriend and stuff, but I live with you, and you know you're my only friend.'' I shout getting angrier by the second. ''You know what? Suit yourself! I'm going to stay at my own place.''

Alexa gets up from Zayn's embrace, but I walk out the door before she can call me back. I lock my door and throw a few clothes in a bag, also taking my phone charger, laptop and everything else I need. I can hear Alexa tal to Zayn desperately, but I'm already out the door, climbing down the stairs as fast as I can.

I take the subway to my family's house. I haven't seen them since February, so it was time I went by there anyway. I don't feel bad about being rude to Zayn or screaming at Alexa, I've been wanting to take this off my chest for a long time. I step out of the train, and my mood is better and better as I approach my house.

I push the doorbell and my mom opens the door, gasping when she sees me.

''Lilah!'' she says, hugging me tightly. I really missed that nickname.

''Hey mom.'' I hug her back.

''What brings you here?'' she smiles at me and I enter the house. I haven't been here in quite a while.

''Alexa made me mad, so I'll be staying here for a few days. Do you mind?'' I ask, although I already know the answer.

''No, not at all. I'm happy you're home.'' she lets me unpack and goes back to her own business. My dad should be home in the afternoon, but my sister is at college in New York. A week of staying here should be enough, I could also get some peace and not hear moans every fucking day. I throw myself on the couch and turn on the T.V. After a while, I can hear the oven beep, meaning the food is ready.

''If you're hungry you can come eat!'' my mom calls.

''Later!'' I shout back.

I missed this.