{Thomas} Deviant {DBH AU}

So this imagine will be based off the game Detroit: Become Human which I have been obsessed with recently. You, the reader, will step into the shoes of Marcus, leader of the android revolution. Thomas will step into the shoes of Connor, the detective Android from Cyberlife. I've also included a video showing a clip from the game in which the character Connor becomes a deviant.

Also yes, the scenes will not match up with the dialogue used, and the scene timeline might be slightly off but that will just make it more original I guess. This will be long too include everything I want in it.

Your welcome.

The gears spun in Thomas' head as he contemplated the best way to go about this mission. Amanda had told him about the leader of an Android revolution by the name of (Y/N). He was given a simple assignment. Capture
(Y/N).
Yet something seemed to be preventing him from doing so. He felt as though he shouldn't, even though it was his primary objective. Kamski had said something when he and Hank visited his manor and Thomas had decided not to shoot the Android girl by the name of Chloe.
'Humanities last hope is itself a deviant.'
Thomas kept convincing himself he, in fact, was not a deviant, even though Hank had brought up to him on many occasions that he showed the signs of one. He decided not to shoot the blue haired Traci and her girlfriend outside of the Eden Club, had decided to save him instead of go after Rupert the deviant, and decided not to shoot Chloe. He showed compassion and empathy, a sure sign of deviancy.

Thomas shoved the thought out of his mind quickly, dismissing it as a software instability. He quickly snapped back into his 'mission mode' and headed to the evidence room. As he was about to make it through the door, Detective Gavin Reed decided to block his path.
"Hey Thomas! I'm talking to you asshole. Where yah goin? We don't need any plastic pricks around here. Or didn't anybody tell you?"
"I'm registering the evidence in my possession. But don't worry. I'm going to leave. Though I'm certainly gonna miss our little bromance."
"You son of a bitch!" Gavin pulled out his gun and stuck it to Thomas' forehead, but Thomas stood still and looked him straight in the eyes. Gavin made a small pew noise with his mouth and laughed, and Thomas only smirked.
"Go on then. Get a fucking move on. Fucking androids." Gavin walked away muttering as Thomas walked inside.

Of course it was easy to get into the system thanks to Hank's secure password, 'Fucking password.' He knew he was supposed to find Jericho, a place where most deviant androids are said to have escaped too. He searched through the pages of Rupert's diary, listened to (Y/N)'s announcement over and over again, and interrogated each deviant in his possession. Except for a PL 600 model named Simon.
He had used (Y/N)'s voice to trick him into telling him where Jericho was, making this part of Thomas' mission successful. He exited the room, heading out of the building.

——————-

He snuck into the room undetected, gun drawn and pointed at the back of her head.
"I've been ordered to take you alive. But I won't hesitate to shoot if you give me no choice."
"What are you doing? Your one of us. You can't betray your own people." She took a step closer to him, and he tightened his grip.
"You're coming with me!" He insisted again, her steps nearing him with every second he wasted.
"Your nothing to them." She convinced him. "Your just a tool they use to do their dirty work. But you're more than that. We're more than that. All we want is to live in freedom." Thomas thought about her words. Could he really be free? Were they just using him this whole time? Then Gavin crossed his mind and his software began to destabilize. Thomas stood silent.
"Have you never wondered who you are? Just a machine carrying out a program or a living being? Just please, put the gun down. Come with us." She touched his hand and he made up his mind.

He pushed through his programming, breaking any bars in his way. All of Amanda's instructions, Gavin's hate, his own doubts. He pushed through, becoming himself a deviant. He dropped the gun to his side and looked to her, a small smile on her face. He found comfort in that smile. Then he remembered.
"They're going to attack Jericho."
"What?" Her response was panicked, almost like she feared what came next.
"We have to get out of here." Thomas ushered her out the door, making his way through the broken ship.

——————

Thomas returned with the androids collected from Cyberlife tower, only to be surrounded by SWAT officers. They were backed into a corner, no way of escape. He looked to his left to see (Y/N), her eyes filled with strength and fear at the same time. He looked to his right to see Josh and North, standing their ground. He took (Y/N)'s hand, gripping tightly. If he was going down, he was going down with girl he'd learned to love. He closed his eyes and waited for the bullets to pierce his skin but instead felt two soft warm lips press against his, (Y/N)'s hand still attached to him. He opened his eyes once she broke away, seeing her face in front of his, hope and worry etched into he eyes. The SWAT officers lowered their guns, and the surviving androids looked to one another. A few days later, the Android Rights Act was announced, and all the androids in Jericho turned to (Y/N). She smiled at them all, her eyes locking into Thomas' when she said the words.

"We're free."

Not sure if that was good or bad but imma run with it.

So I've been obsessed with Detroit: Become Human lately (I mean, I'm even cosplaying as Connor for a craft fair and Halloween) and decided to write this cause why not.

Anyway, that all. Bye!