{Newt} Outsider Pt 3 Cont.

"Wait! I think, my dear, we have a guest." We turned to face Thomas. Newt spoke to him, acting very formal. "Sir, this is indeed an uparralelled delight! I had rather hoped that you would come. And now my wish comes true- you have truly made my night." I stood behind the cardboard bars, playing my part.

"Free her! Do what you like only free her! Have you no pity?" Thomas said.
"Your lover makes a passionate plea!" Newt laughed, facing me.
"Please, Raoul. Its useless." I sank to the floor and huffed.
"I love her! Does that mean nothing? I love her! Show some compassion." Thomas paced around the stage.
"The world showed no compassion to me!" Newt yelled at Thomas.
"Christine, Christine." He turned to Newt. "Let me see her."

"Be my guest, sir." Newt pushed the bars away. "Monsieur, I bid you welcome! Did you think that I would harm her? Why should I make her pay for the sins that are yours?"

The rope swung down in the perfect spot, wrapping around Thomas's neck. "Order your fine horses now! Raise up your hand to the level of your eyes! Nothing can save you now," he turned to me. "Except perhaps Christine." He came closer to me, grabbing my hands and pulling me up. "Start a new life with me. Buy his freedom with your love! Refuse 32nd, and send your lover to his death! This is the choice, this is the point of no return!"
"The tests I might have shed for your dark fate grow cold, and turn to tears of hate." I rip my hands from his.
"Christine, forgive me please forgive me. I did it all for you and all for nothing." Thomas said, pleading.

I spoke quietly and looked at Newt. "Farewell my fallen idol and false friend. One by one I've watched illusions shattered."
"Past all hope of cried for help. No point in fighting-"
"Either way you chose he has to win. " Thomas was playing the part of Raoul well, begging and pleading for his "life".

"For either way you choose, you cannot win!" Newt spun around to me and yelled. "So do you end your days with me," he held out his hand to me. "Or send him to the grave." He hardened on those words.

"Why make her lie to save me?" Thomas said, and both me and Newt looked at him.

"Angel of music..." I turned my back to him.

"Past the point of no return."

"For heavens sake Christine, say no!" Thomas reached his hand out.

"Why this torment?" I gave myself puppy eyes and looked at Newt.

"The final threshold." He stepped closer.

"Don't throw your life away for my sake!" Thomas yelled, but neither of us turned our heads.

"When will you see reason?" I turned my back and held my arms tight together.

"His life is now the prize you must earn!" He waved his hand toward Thomas.

"I fought so hard to free you." Thomas hung his head.

"Angel of music." I turned.

"Past the point of no return."

"You deceived me, I gave my mind blindly." I spat at him with an intense voice.

"You try my patience-make your choice!" He gripped my arm as I turned and walked away. I stopped and turned, walking closer.

"Pitiful creature of darkness," I placed me hand on his face. "What kind of life have you known?" I stood on the toes of my heels. "God give me courage to show you you are not alone."

I leaned up and placed my lips on his, sparks and electricity moving through me. It felt...real. Almost as if we weren't performing for a crowd. It felt magical, and it stayed that way for some time. When I finally parted my body shook, the shock still existent in my body.

I turned back to the front of the class and stood there wide eyes, and they all stood up and clapped. Well, except for Lizzie. But I didn't expect her to. I smiled and bowed, looking at Newt. He had a wide smile on his face and looked at me, his eyes glimmering. Man did he look beautiful.

We went to change our costumes and I kept smiling, the feeling of his lips on mine still lingering. I slipped off my costume and put on my real clothes, then packed it all up in the box and walked back out to the classroom. I sat down and Lizzie glared at me, and I sent the glare back.

The bell rang soon after and I headed to my locker, Newt standing next to me.
"I'll see you at lunch this time right?" He asked, a hopeful tone in his voice.
"Yeah. I'll be there today." I smiled at him.
"Good. Oh and by the way-"
"Excuse me, I need to talk to Newt for a second." Lizzie grabbed Newt's arm and pulled him away, and I knew what she was gonna say to him.

She wants to ruin our friendship. She's gonna tell him that I'm suicidal, I come from a drug addict mom, my dad is the one who raises me, and that I'm fucked up inside. Like usual.

I see Newt turn to me and and I walk to art class, my smile fading. I shuffled into the door and hid in my seat in the back, like usual. I sketched in my book until lunch.

I walked into the cafeteria and slumped to the usual table me and Newt sat at. He was already sitting there and I spoke with my head down.

"What did Lizzie tell you?" I spoke quietly, but loud enough.
He grabbed my wrist lightly, as if any hard touch would send me into a frenzy of tears. He pulled up the sweat shirt sleeve and looked at my scars.
"Why? Why do you do it?"
"It feels good. Numbs the pain."
"I want you to look at me Y/N. I need you to look at me." I lifted my head up slowly, my eyes getting teary. "Promise me you will stop. I care about you too much to let you do this to yourself."
"I promise."

"A-Also..." He looked nervous.
"What is it?"
"I like you....like alot. And when you kissed me....what I'm trying to say is-"
I laughed. "Newt, calm down. I like you too. Alot."
He smiled.
"Y/N, will you go out with me?"

"Yes."