{Newt} Outsider Part Three

When I got back to my dorm, I quickly changed my clothes into something more comfortable which was a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I plugged my phone into the speaker and played Hypnotic by Zella Day. I unlocked the door and opened it, turning the music down a little. I danced around my room, picking up anything on the floor and singing along to the song. Once everything was off the floor I pulled out my book of plays, rummaging through-while still singing. I heard someone knock on the door behind me and turned around. I saw Newt standing in the doorway and I immediately turned off my music and acted "natural".

"Hey." I said, my body awkwardly sprung across the bed.

"Hey." He laughed and walked in, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Ready to get started on the project?" I fixed my posture and sat cross legged on the bed.

"Yeah. Just one question. What exactly are we supposed to do?" He looked confused and made a nervous laugh. I laughed in response.

"Basically you read over the summary of the play, briefly look over the script, maybe watch the play, then perform it as if you were actually on stage. Simple really."

"Doesn't sound simple."

"It is when you think about it. But then again I'm used to it." I shrugged.

"Okay..." He said, confusion still lacing his voice.

We spent the next about 15 minutes looking over the plot and the script for the play. It was interesting and Newt acted it out well, almost as if he was made for acting.

"When will you see reason?" I turn away, my back to him.

"His life is the prize now you must earn!"

"Angel of Music..."

"You've past the point of no return." He stepped closer to me.

"You deceived me-I gave my mind blindly." I turned around to face him.

"You try my patience. Make your choice!" He huffs, turning away from me in frustration.

I whisper and walk closer to him. "Pitiful creature of darkness," I place my hand on his face. "What kind of life have you known?" I took a deep breath and emotionally prepared myself. "God give me courage to show you you are not alone." I slowly moved in, my breath hitching in my throat. As our faces were inches apart, my dumbass of a brother Minho decided to barge in.

"Y/N," he said, out of breath. "I need money for the vending machine."
"Dude. I'm trying to study." I said, glaring at him. He raised an eyebrow. "That means go!" He stomped out, angry that his plan to scam money out of me had crashed and burned.

I turned back to Newt. "Sorry about him. I guess we should work on costumes now?"
"Y-Yeah. I guess we should." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. I sat down on the bed and started researching the costumes, making sure I got everything right when I started making the costumes.

2 Weeks Later

I handed Newt the finished costume. I had spent way too much time on it, and put alot of detail into it. The top was a red satin vest with black Victorian style patterns and black velvet sleeves as well as gloves. There was a white under shirt with a black ruffle collar with a ruby on it, and a black cape draped over it. I had told Newt to wear black dress pants and shoes, as he did. I handed him the mask I had molded in art class and painted silver.
"Wow. I didn't know you were so good at...literally everything."
I shrugged. "My mom taught me alot of what I know."
"Thanks love." I blushed at the nickname.
"No problem."

I grabbed my costume and made my way to the changing room. I pulled on the under dress corset I had fashioned, making sure to keep to the Victorian style. I pulled the dress up and over my shoulders-well mid shoulders. The dress was a white cream color, and hung off my shoulders. The bust was semi low cut, and adorned with jewls. There were little flowers in the tule skirt, and it flared out around me. I pinned up my hair and slipped on my white satin shoes, then prepared for my performance.

I stepped out on stage, standing next to Newt. Everyone stared at the overly complex costumes, and I breathed in preparing for my show.

"Start whenever your ready." the teacher announced. I looked to Newt and he nodded.

"Have you not gorged yourself at last, in your lust for blood. Am I now to be prey to your lust for flesh?" I spoke to him, irritated.
"That fate, which condems me to wallow in blood has also denied me joys of the flesh. This face-the infection that poisons our love." He spoke sharply and angrily. "This face, which earned a mother's fear and loathing. A mask, my first unfeeling scrap of clothing. Pity comes too late-turn around and face your fate: an eternity of this before your eyes!" He came close to me, so much so our faces almost touched.

"This haunted face holds no horrors for me now. Its in your soul that the true distortion lies." I spat at him, turning and stepping away. Thomas, another boy in the class who we had asked to perform with us, stepped on stage.

To be continued....for this is too long otherwise.

I meant to get this up yesterday but didnt have time so here.