{Newt} The Aristocrat [AU]

Here we are with a Great Gatsby AU. This wasn't requested by any of you readers but by my friend HamilTrashIplier. Go check her out.

Y/h/c means your hair color

When she walked into the room, I was amazed. She was beautiful. Her golden dress shown like the sunset that had appeared only a few moments before, almost as if she had swept it in apon her arrival. The gems that were sewn into the dress sparkled like the stars that had started appearing in the sky and her heels clacked on the hard floor. Her Y/h/c hair was cut short into a bob that framed her face, a little hanging over her right eye. She was a sight to behold, the only thing I didn't like was the man on her arm.

She walked up to me, slowly yet with a sense of haste.
"Hello there Mister Gatsby. Thank you for inviting us." Her smile lit up my whole world.
"It is my pleasure, Miss. And who might this fine man be?" He was dressed in a tailored suit, and his hair was perfectly quafted. He had a smug look on his face, and I wondered how she could have ended up with him.
"Minho. Minho Gray. Pleasure to meet you Mister Gatsby." He held out his hand for me to shake.
"Welcome, Mister Gray. And please, call me Newt." Minho smiles a sly smile, one that proves he is not all he says he is. Y/N smiled back, again lighting up my whole world.

"I must get going now. I hope to see you again soon my dear." I winked at her and she blushed, and Minho gave her a sideways look. She noticed his look, and instead of looking to floor like any other woman, she held her head high.

I greeted the rest of my guests, but none compared in beauty or personality to Y/N Gray. It pained me to fall in love with another man's wife, but I just couldn't stop myself.

I stood on the stage over looking the crowd above me. I took the champagne glass from the table and lightly clinked it with my fork, grabbing everyone's attention.
"Hello everyone, and welcome. I'm glad you all could attend today, and I hope you have an amazing time. Refreshments are in the parlor and dancing will be held in here, along with a light show at the end. Feel free to enjoy yourself." Everyone clapped and my eyes landed on Y/N, standing alone in the corner of the room. I decided to walk over and strike up a conversation.

"Where's your husband off to?" I said, handing her a glass of champagne.
"I have no idea. I tend to just let him wander. He's grown, he can take care of himself. I don't need to always look after him."
"That is what I admire about you."
"What would that be, Mister Gatsby?"
"Your not like the other women of your time. Your strong and independent, and feel no need to tie yourself down to a family. You, Miss Gray, are different." I took a sip from my glass.
"Why thank you. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm starving and in dire need of food." She smiled and walked off, the headband in her hair glistening with every step.

I walked around the ball room for about an hour or so, greeting guests and saying goodbye as they come and go. Much to my surprise, I did not see Minho the entire night, until towards the end of the party. His hair was scruffed up slightly, and he was fixing his tie. (i know Minho would never do this, but I must make it that way for the book) He walked back over to Y/N and grabbed her arm, stealing her drink right from under her hand. It sickened me, to see her treated with such disrespect. However, it made me smile to see her snatch the drink back from him and place a different glass in his hands, taking control of the situation. He looked angry, angry that she had the nerves to take his drink away.

The next sight I saw made my stomach turn to stone and my blood to ice. He grabbed her arm and pulled her away, over to a darker corner of the parlor. I quietly followed, eavesdropping on the situation.

"How dare you take the drink from me like that? You are a lady and you will act like one."
"What exactly does a lady act like, huh? Someone who bends to thier man's every will? Well I guess I am no lady then, am I?"
" Your job as a wife is to do as your told-"
"And your job as a husband is to treat me right. I guess you failed at that job then, didn't you? Running off with women every weekend, wasting our money gambling or drinking." He was fuming and looked to the floor. "Don't even try denying it. I can smell the wiskey and cheap perfume on you. And I'm the one who has to wash the lipstick from your collar. I'm sorry to say this, but if you can't shapen up and act like a gentlemen, you can say goodbye to the family you wished for us." She simply turned and stormed out of the door, walking into the gardens. Minho stomped away, feeling defeated and angry. I followed Y/N out of the door and into the gardens, seeing her sitting on the swing under a large oak tree.

"Everything alright Miss Gray?"
"It's Miss Y/L/N. I do not wish to be associated with that man anymore."
"A woman like you deserves more respect than a man like that would ever be able to give. He doesn't deserve to have you as a wife."
"Well he won't have me as one anymore." She threw the ring on the ground and stomped it into the dirt. "I just don't understand how I wasn't good enough."

"He's the one who is blind to your perfections. All he cared about was what you could provide for him, and not about who you are or what you want. Your strong, beautiful, intelligent, and the most amazing human being I have ever met. Don't let any man tell you otherwise." In a split second her lips touched mine, and my hand traveled to the side of her face. She gripped the collar of my suit jacket, holding it tightly.

"I'm very quite fond of you, Mister Gatsby."
"And I'm very quite fond of you, Miss Y/L/N."