{Newt} The Cure #3

Warning: This imagine contains mentions of suicide and mental illness. Please be advised.

Chapter 3
Happier

I've been alot happier since he came into my life. So much happier. I've smiled more, I've laughed more, it just felt good. To finally feel like someone cares about you.

So here I sit, on my bed, waiting for him to arrive. I watch the door intently, and a small bit after schedule, he appears.
"Hey." He says smiling.
"Hey." I say back. "Watcha got there?" I nodded towards his arms.
"Movies. I was lucky to get the doctors to get us some." He smiled wider and spread them all out. I looked through and picked one up.
"This one's my favorite!" I held up a movie, showing the cover. In fancy golden lettering across the top were the words The Little Mermaid. It brought back fond memories of my mom, but also made me start to form tears.

"Are you alright?" Newt asked, putting a hand on my leg. It sent a spark of warmth through me. One I'd never felt before.
"Yeah, it's just that this movie reminds me of my mom." I wiped away the tears.
"What happened? If you don't mind me asking."
"She died in a car crash when I was 10. I was in the back of the car when it happened. Its what led to my PTSD."
"Oh." He looked down. "Well why don't we watch this movie?" He perked up again. "I brought food!" He pulled various chocolates out of his backpack, and I had to contain myself from pouncing on him.

~~~

He continued to come back everyday for weeks. Every single day we would watch a movie, or listen to music or just talk. I soon realized that I was falling for him, but I kept telling myself I shouldn't. And to remind myself I just put one more scar on my wrist each day. My love was toxic, and would only bring him pain.

The day he showed up late was the day everything came crashing down. Now it wasn't super late, just by a couple of minutes. I taped the bandage around my arm, small spots of red seeping through. I covered it by my sleeves and waited, and waited. He came through the door, and as usual held a pile of movies.

"Sorry I'm late. I may have fallen asleep during a meeting with my therapist." I laughed and he smiled. God that smile was beautiful.

No Y/N, you can't hurt him like everyone else.

"It's only three minutes." I got on my knees and leaned over the pile.
"Oh, I forgot." He rummaged through his bag. "I got you this." He pulled out a small purple drawstring bag and placed it in my hand. I opened it and inside was a metal chain with a clasp, and hanging on it was glass mermaid charm.

"Newt, it's amazing." I smiled at him, swept away by his charm.
"Here, lemme help you put it on." He took the necklace and unclasped it, then moved my hair over my shoulder. He let it fall across my chest and clasped in again, then moved my hair back. "Perfect." He smiled back at me, forcing my next words to tumble out.

"Newt, what does love feel like? Like to you as a person?"
"Well I'd say it's like a feeling kinda like nerves, like your stomach starts tying knots. Then you stutter when your around them and you get nervous."
"Doesn't sound very nice."
"That's not all. Then when you are around them more you feel like you could talk for hours, like you could do anything together and never get bored of each other."
"You seem to have alot of experience."
"I guess." He took a strand of hair and brushed it back. I saw him gulp a little, and his eyes fixed on me. "Its what I feel for you." He leaned in and lightly kissed me, and I kissed back.

No! You idiot what are you doing?! You can't love him! You can never love anyone!

"I feel the same way about you." I whisper. "But it's not right for us to be together." I spoke a little louder, our faces so close I could feel his breath.
"What do you mean?" His voice quavered.
"I'm only toxic. I'm not good for you. You'll just get hurt. That's what my love does to people. Hurts them and drives them away. That's all I do. Scare people away, and you'll be next." I closed my eyes and started crying.
"Whoever told you that?" He said, hand on my face.
"Everyone." I pulled up my sleeves. "I hurt myself and everyone else in the process. "
He ran his fingers lightly over the scars, hesitant to touch them. "Why would you do this to yourself?"
"Maybe one day it will work. And this world won't have to deal with my toxic love and toxic personality. "

"Stop telling yourself that! You have to be toxic, cause I'm intoxicated by you. I can't seem to let you go, no matter what! Your always on my mind, your all I think about, hell I dream about you! Ever since I met you I've been drunk off your voice, your face, your everything. Your like a drug that I can't help but get hooked on."

I closed my eyes and leaned in, pressing my lips firmly against his, moving them in sync. It sent that shockwave through my body again, making me feel numb in the good way.

"I can't ever get you out of my mind either. I wait here everyday for you to come through that door. I'm completely and utterly addicted to you."

That's all folks! This is the final installment of The Cure imagines series. It will be back to normal imagines from now on!

Thanks you all for reading!
Bye!