Hullabaloo | Wilford Warfstache x Reader

(A/N)-- HECK YEAH, STEAMPUNK AU. LET'S DO THIS SHIT!

(y/n)'s POV

checking my stopwatch, i get up from the floor of my room. it's almost time. taking a deep breath, i open the door and look around. seems like my parents are still in their room, that's good. i take off the (dress/suit) that my parents insist i wear almost everywhere and change into my favorite clothes, a plain shirt and brown pants. i sneak down the stairs and pull on my boots and jacket. then, i jump up to grab my cap off the hanger. i slip out the door and onto the cobblestone streets. pulling my cap over my eyes, i start to walk quickly down the road.  after a few minutes, i check my watch again. crap, i'm gonna be late! i go into a jog and take several shortcuts through the alleyways, until i find myself at the shop. grinning, i open the door, and a bell rings. nothing happens at first, but then Wilford runs into the room. 

"hello, how can i-oh, good day (y/n)!" he relaxes when he sees that it's just me. "heya wil, ready to get to work?" i ask him. "you bet i am, my friend!"

~three months earlier~

i was going through the fancy part of the city with my parents, listening to them talk about who knows what. i didn't even want to be there, but they dragged me along, as with everything else they do. we had been walking around for what seemed like forever and i had no clue where we were even going. after shopping for what seemed like hours we stopped in front of an extravagant looking house, specifically the one belonging to my parent's best (and snobbiest) friend, Alexander. the door opened, and there was alex, looking as douchey as ever. 

"ah, the (l/n)'s. and i see you've brought that child of yours." he says, glaring at me. "yes, we have, but they won't be joining us this evening." my (mom/dad/other) stated. "we're sorry (y/n), but you can't come in the house dressed like that. don't wander off, we'll be back in a couple hours." (mom/dad/other) whispered to me. i sighed deeply and leaned against the wall. "fuck it," i thought. "i'm gonna wander off." 

and so i did. eventually, i wound up in a part of the city that i'd never seem before. it was kind of dirty, but that didn't bother me in the slightest. i bought some food from a small stand and continued on my way, looking at all the storefronts. I walked through a narrow alleyway and got to a place that looked almost abandoned, apart from a small building nestled in a corner, which had dim candle light coming out of it. 

I ran over to the building, opening the door and getting surprised by the loud bell that rang out. i waited for a few seconds, and then a man popped up from the other side of the counter, face and clothes covered in soot. 

"hello there! what can i do for you today?"  he asked politely.

wil and i hit it off that day, and i told him that i would visit again the day after that. we talked about tons of things, and he eventually showed me around his workshop and taught me all about his machines.

~back to the present.~

Like always, i follow wil back to the workshop, and we go to the back room where our newest invention is slumped over.

"so, how much do we have left to do on it?" i say. "We just have to add fuel and it should be fully operational!" wil exclaims, clearly excited.

i jog over to the fuel can in the corner, grabbing it and taking it over. i open the machine's tank and pour it in. the two of us fidget in anticipation, waiting to see if it works. suddenly, a blue glow surrounds us and the machine turns on, standing up slowly.

"oh my god, we did it" i yelp. wil laughs and twirls me around, then he swings into a dip and presses a small kiss to my lips. my face turns a shade of bright pink, but before i can even react, the machine makes a beeping noise.

"oh, i forgot you were there." wil says to it. the machine shrugs. i step up to it, straightening out. "state your name." i tell the machine, making sure it's working.

"you may call me google."