After the war | Jackieboy Man x geeky! Reader

(A/N)-- *VERY IMPORTANT* contains some small spoilers for infinity war.

(y/n)'s POV

i'm eating dinner at my favorite restaurant when my phone rings. when i check the caller id, i see that it's from Jackie. as soon as i answer, he starts flipping out. "(y/n), you need to come home right now! no time to explain, just get over here!" he yells. "wait, what's going-" he hangs up on me before i can finish my sentence. well, i don't know what that was about, but i'd better get home in case it's an emergency. i throw a tip on the table and run out the door. i jump in my car and drive to septic mansion as fast as i can. luckily, i hit all green lights. when i get to the house, i throw open the door. "Jackie, are you in here?" i yell. just then, i'm tackle-hugged by a red blur. 

"it's out! it's out! i was waiting for you so that we can watch it together!"

"okay, stop playing the pronoun game. what's out?"

"The infinity war trailer!"

"oh my god, really?"

"yeah, let's go!"

the superhero picks me up and runs to his room, where he tosses me onto the bed. (not that way perv.) then he grabs his laptop and throws a blanket over the two of us. we watch the trailer in complete silence, and when it's done, we just keep pressing the repeat button over and over until we get tired and fall asleep.

 we watch the trailer in complete silence, and when it's done, we just keep pressing the repeat button over and over until we get tired and fall asleep

~time skip to when infinity war comes out~

Jackie and i are driving to the theater. he loves going to superhero films with me, because he can wear his costume without raising suspicion. we're talking about what might happen in the movie all the way there. when we finally arrive, we get out of the car and sprint into the building and get in line impatiently. a little girl walks up to us. "hey, who're you supposed to be?" she asks Jackie. "well, i'm jackieboy man!" he states happily. "whoa, that's so cool!" the girl says. she runs up to a woman, who's probably her mother, and gets her attention. "mom, you'll never believe it! i just saw a real life superhero!" she exclaims. Jackie and i grin at the adorable scene and get our tickets for the movie. we go into the dark theater just in time for the previews. 

~time skip  to after the movie cuz i'm a lazy fuck. woop woop~

the end credits are rolling, and i was so engrossed in the movie that i didn't even bother to check on jackie. i turn to him to see that he's got his hand over his mouth trying to stay as silent as he can. i can't see much, but i can tell that he's pretty shaken up, which is justified. i mean, he did just see almost all of his favorite characters literally turn into ashes. we walk out of the theater and back to the car, and i link hands with the superhero, trying to calm him down. when we get home, jackie flops down on the couch and lets out a choked sob. i sit down next to him, and he pulls me close and doesn't say anything. he hugs me a little too tight because of his super strength, but i don't care, i just want to make him feel better in some way. "hey,  you know they'll all come back, right?" i ask him. he buries his face in the crook of my neck and nods. "it's s-still really sad though." i sigh and pet jackie's hair. no matter what, i'm not leaving this couch until my friend is happy.

BONUS!

anti walked into the living room and saw jackieboy man looking really sad, while (y/n) was trying to cheer him up. 

"j̴͕̝͌͑e̷͖̼̋ė̷̹̈́z̴͙͑̑,̷̭̘́̀ ̷̨̀͜w̵̛̞̦͒h̷͎̐͝a̶̖̎ṫ̶̘͘ ̴̮͘h̵̤̕ã̶̦p̶̧͕̓͠p̶̲̘̿͠ę̴̄̚n̶͕͌e̷͙̾̓d̶̘̒?̶̍́"

 "we just saw infinity war."

"w̸̨͈͊e̴̜̚l̵̞̰͗p̵̙͋͑,̴̱͕̐ ̴̜̃t̶̻̝̏͠h̶͐͋ȃ̸̬͒t̶͇́͘ ̴̰̩̏̏ĕ̶x̶̗̔ṕ̴͐l̴̼͑͛ä̸̛͓́ȉ̵̗ń̶̠͆s̷̞̏ ̷̡̉i̷̲͠͝t̴̮̤̾́.̴̼̓"