Comfort | Chase Brody x Reader

(A/N)--this story takes place at like 1:00 in the morning btw.

3rd person POV

chase sits on the bathroom floor, thinking about the conversation he'd just had. his wife... well, his ex wife had called him saying that she would take her request for a divorce to court, and would additionally ask for full custody of his kids. chase takes a deep breath and brings his knees up to his chest, trying not to let the tears escape. his efforts are all for nothing though, because a few minutes later he's shaking with sobs. for a while, he simply sits there, but then his eyes wander to his gun, which is sitting on the counter. 

"it would be so easy to just end it all right now..." he thinks to himself. he raises his hand to grab the gun, but stops suddenly when he hears a knock.

(y/n)'s POV

I hear some noises from the other side of the door, and then a small sniffle. "y-yeah, who's there?" says a voice from the other side. i recognize it instantly.

"chase, what's going on? i heard you from my room." i ask gently. there's silence for a few seconds, but then chase speaks up again. "don't worry about it. i'm sorry for wakin' you up." he says quietly. 

i can hear the sadness in his voice, so i lean against the wall. "i won't leave until i'm sure you're not gonna try anything." i state. i can hear him sniffle from the other side of the door. "r-really, i'm fine." he mumbles. 

"chase, i know you. you're definitely not fine. you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, but please come out of the bathroom." i say with a small sigh. there's some shuffling and the door opens a crack, enough for me to see chase's messy hair and bloodshot eyes. i want to cry just looking at him, but i don't. instead, i open the door further and motion for chase to come into the hallway. he does so, and just stares at me, not even bothering to make an excuse as to what he's doing crying his eyes out at 1 in the morning. instead, he just looks down at the ground and flinches back. 

looking up at him, i wordlessly take his hand and lead him to the living room, where he immediately plops down on the couch. i throw him a blanket, which he wraps around himself, and i lay a hand on his shoulder.

"do you want me to make some tea to help you sleep?" i ask him. he nods and i head off to the kitchen. when it's done, i bring the mugs back to chase and hand him one. he takes it, i sit down, and he leans his head on my shoulder.

"dammit, i shouldn't be b-botherin' ya with my stupid problems like this..." he mutters. i put an arm around him and start rubbing his back, hoping to make him feel better. "your problems are anything but stupid, and i'm always happy to help you, no matter what." i tell him.

chase looks at me before letting out another sob and pulling me into a hug. it surprises me at first, but i slowly hug back and let chase stay with me as long as he needs to.

(A/N)-- question of the day, (i'm doing that now btw) what iplier/septiceye do you think matches my personality?