Goodbye

*Hailey's POV*

"I just don't know..." I wiped my tears as I sat in Hayes's room.

"What do you mean?" Hayes started to tear up and put an arm around me.

"I don't know how we're going to do this. With me going to college and you having a career...it's just not going to work out for us." I cried. Hayes and I just graduated high school and we've been together for over a year. I've fallen in love with him, but now I'm going to college in Texas and Hayes is not going to college, but instead is focusing on his rising career with his brother Nash.

"Hailey...we can work this out."

I buried my head in my hands and cried. "No we can't, Hayes, we can't. I'm going to be in Texas and you're going to be famous. You'll never see me. You'll meet a lot of other girls because your famous. You'll forget all about me."

"I will never forget about you." Hayes pulled me close to him and kissed me head. "Hailey, I love you so much, and I hate to see you like this. But we will work this out. I promise you."

"I love you too but I feel like our relationship just won't work out. I-I'm
sorry."

"You have to believe in us."

"I'm trying but I can't help but think about you forgetting about me!"
I cried. "Think of how many girls you're going to meet while your famous. I'm a nobody compared to all of them. Why do you even date an average girl like me anyways when there's a bunch of famous ones out there?"

"How can you say that?! To me, you are not average. You are your own, exceptional self that I love so much." Hayes locked his eyes with mine. "Look, Hailey, I don't want to lose you. I'm crazy in love with you."

"Trust me I'm in love with you too."

"Then why are you telling me that we can't work this out!" Hayes yelled.

"B-because we just can't!" I yelled back. I took a deep breath and lowered my voice. "I want you to live your life and not have to worry about me."

"Hailey..."

I kissed Hayes softly and put my forehead against his. "Goodbye, Hayes."

Hayes tried speaking but he couldn't.
I kissed him softly again and got up to leave the room, crying. I just left the boy I'm in love with devastated in his room.