I'm Here For You

*allisons POV*

I sat alone in my room on a Saturday night while my parents were out, bored out of my mind. I wanted to hang out with my best friend Hayes, but he had to watch Skylynn. And apparently my parents don't think it's ok if I hang out at a boy's house alone with him. But seriously, I've known Hayes for 5 years and we're so close. I took out my phone and texted him.
Me: Hey 😝
Hayes: heyy what's up
Me: bored out of my mind
Hayes: come over
Me: I can't sry :( my parents are so annoying. Let's hang tmrw
Hayes: kk. Miss u

I paused for a second. Did my best friend Hayes just tell me that he misses me? I found that kinda weird. I wrote back that I miss him too...but as friends, right?

I shut off my phone and jumped as I heard my front door slam and yelling. I looked at the clock. It was 12.

"Mike are you out of your freaking mind? You need help, you need help!" My mom yelled. What the hell is going on? I slowly got up and stood in my doorway so I can hear them better.

"I don't need any help you little annoying bitch!" My dad screamed.

"I'm taking you to rehab tomorrow so you can get your act straight! You've turned into a high monster!!" My mom screamed back. Rehab? What? I stood on the stairs.

"M-mom...d-dad?" My voice was shaking. "What's going on?"

"Oh you didn't know! Your fathers a drunk, that's what he is! Hes an alcoholic! He's freaking messed up!" My mom yelled.

"Don't say that about me!" And before my eyes, glasses crashed and shattered on the floor. My eyes became glossy.

"Don't you dare cry or I'll throw a dinosaur at you, Martha Washington." My dad slurred out. I stood in shock. He was so drunk.

Of course, tears started rapidly flowing down my face.

"I said stop!!!" My dad tried to grab for me, but I moved away as quick as possible.

"Mike don't hurt her!" Mom cried.

"Please...get out." My dad slurred to me. "Because iiiii don't want you here and you are not needed in this family you stupid...little...bitch."

I got chills. He didn't want me here. What's wrong with him. I fell to the floor and cried harder and harder. My dad tried to grab for me again, but I ran up into my room. I looked out the window and saw Hayes's room light on. I climbed out of my window and down the fire escape ladder, shaking, crying, sweating. I ran to Hayes's house and knocked on the door weakly.

Hayes open the door. "Alli_"

Before he could finish, I hugged him tightly, crying in his shoulder. He was confused at first and then wrapped his arms around me and put his head into my neck. we stood on the front porch for a few minutes in each other's arms. Hayes saw how upset I was. My mascara was all ruined.

"Let's talk." Hayes took my hand and led me inside. We sat down on the couch.

I couldn't talk. I was crying too hard.

"Are you okay?" Hayes held my hand. I shook my head and looked down.

"My dad...he's an alcoholic." I managed to get out.

"Oh...I'm so sorry Alli." Hayes said, his blue eyes shining.

"M-my dad said he doesn't want me anymore. He tried to grab m-me." It was so hard to get the words out. "He hates me."

"He loves you. He was just drunk."

"No."

"Yes."