New girl

*Eliza's POV*

Davidson Day.

I'm so nervous. Today's my first day at my new school in North Carolina. I don't know anyone here. Would if I don't fit in with anyone? My mom tells me that I'll be fine, but really...I don't know if I'll be fine.

I walked into the school and sat in the waiting room in the principals office, so I can meet the principal. A taller boy with brown hair and blue eyes sat next to me. I wanted to be outgoing so I made the first move.

"Hey, I'm Eliza." I said. "I'm new here."

The boy turned to look at me. His eyes sparkled. They were so mesmerizing.

"Hayes. Nice to meet you, Eliza." He smiled. The principal opened the door and told Hayes to come in. After a few minutes, Hayes walked out shamefully and the principal looked upset.

"Oh, you must be Eliza!" The principal said. We shook hands. "Hayes, if you don't want a detention, then how about you show Eliza around the school?"

I saw Hayes's face light up. "Sure." He said. A cute boy showing me around my new school. Sounds fun.

I followed him out of the office.

"This is the cafeteria. Don't buy lunch here. I guarantee you that the hamburgers are horse meat or something gross like that." Hayes said. I giggled.

"Seriously," he laughed. "If you don't want food poisoning, then don't eat the lunch here."

"Well I was supposed to buy lunch today but...I guess I can go without it." I said.

"What lunch period do you have?"

"5th."

"We have the same lunch. You can share lunch with me." Hayes said. I nodded. Hayes guided me throughout the whole school. He was really funny. And cute. I'm starting to really like him. The first bell rang.

"That's the first bell. I gotta go to class. Text me later, Eliza?" Hayes said, adding his number in my phone.

"Definitely." I grinned.

"Maybe we can do something like, uh,...go to a movie or the lake or..." Hayes said nervously.

"That would be fun." I said.

"So it's a date? After school today?"

Date? My very first date? Yes, it's a date!

"Yes. See you later." I said a little to excited.

Hayes hesitated but kissed me on the cheek. We both blushed. Well that escalated quickly.

"See you later." Hayes said, and ran off.

He's such a cutie.