Prom?

*Shanaya's POV*

I stomped off the bus after a stressful day of school. I had so many tests this week. I needed to take a nap. I walked into my house and dropped my backpack on the floor and went upstairs. My bedroom door was closed. Usually it's open. I slowly opened it and wouldn't believe my eyes.

There were rainbow colored balloons everywhere in my room. There were roses on my bed that spelled out "Prom?" I blushed. Who did this? This is so sweet. I heard a knock on the wall behind me. I spun around to see my best friend Hayes standing in the doorway.

"So what do you think?" He asked.
I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tight.

"You did this?" I asked with a huge smile on my face.

"Yep." Hayes said proudly. "So Shanaya, would you like to have to honor of being my prom date?"

"I'd love to. Hayes, this is so sweet of you. You're so cute." I hugged Hayes again.

"I know, I know."

"I'm so excited! I have to buy a dress! Come help me pick it out! I wanna look for one now." I grabbed his hand and we went into my car. I drove to the prom dress store. I didn't have money on me, but I just wanted to try on some dresses. I found this light pink dress that went to my ankles and had jewels on the top. It was beautiful.

I went in the fitting room and came out to show Hayes.

"What do ya think?" I spun around. Hayes stood with his eyes wide.

"Wow, you look...beautiful."

"Thanks bae." I laughed.

"Seriously, you look amazing. This dress is the one." Hayes pulled me toward him.

I giggled. "I love this dress."

All of the sudden, Hayes leaned in and kissed me softly. "You're going to be the most beautiful girl there."

I turned bright red. "O-oh, thanks."

Hayes turned red too. "Sorry."

"Don't worry about it. I'm, uh, going to change." I said awkwardly.

"Wait," Hayes grabbed my wrist and spun me around. "Be my girlfriend?"

"What?" I asked in shock.

"You heard me."

"Hayes...I don't know what to say." I said. I wanted to say yes so bad, but this was the first time someone asked me out, and coming from my best friend, it felt awkward.

"Is that a yes or no?"

"...It's a yes." I smiled.

Hayes smiled too and kissed me on the cheek. "I'm so lucky to have a beautiful girl like you in my life. Now go get changed and we'll cuddle and eat pizza."

I giggled and went back into the fitting room with the hugest smile on my face.