Summer Surprise

*Briana's POV*

It was a hot, July day. I'm at my best friend Hayes's house. We're at the lake.
I sat on a lounge chair as Hayes and Nash were drowning each other in the lake. I swear, those two can be crazy sometimes.

I scrolled through vine. I came up on a vine of Hayes. It was me sitting on the lounge chair and the caption was "common teenage girl tanning." Hayes came up behind me.

"You idiot." I looked up.

"Love ya too." Hayes smiled.

"I'm gonna get my revenge. I look crazy." I playfully pushed him.

"You look cute."

I blushed. "No."

"Come in the lake." Hayes whined.

"No."

Hayes dragged me up and picked me up. I yelled at him to put me down but he wouldn't listen. He threw me in and I got up and splashed him.

"You're gonna regret this, Grier." I splashed him. He splashed me back.

"I'm not scared." He smirked.

I jumped toward him to push him under water but he moved out of the way so I fell in. I laughed and tried chasing him. All of the sudden, he took my hand, dunked me under the water with him, and kissed me. I opened my eyes underwater in bewilderment and got up.

"Hayes!" I said, panting for air.

"What?"

"What was that for?!"

"I needed to get you to stop chasing me." Hayes said.

"By kissing me?! Hayes, we're best friends, why would you do this?" I yelled.

"Because I really like you." Hayes said quickly. My eyes widened in disbelief. I felt a little embarrassed, because I really like him too.

"Oh..."

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that_"

"Hayes it's fine," I cut him off. "I really like you too."

Hayes's face lit up. "You do?"

I bit my lip. "Yeah."

Hayes giggled and pulled me in close to him. He was centimeters from my face. "I've been waiting for you to say that for so long." And then he kissed me again. I felt sparks fly when kissing him. I heard a phone take a picture.

"Nash!" Hayes yelled.

"Aw, young love!" Nash said and laughed. We rolled our eyes and chased Nash around the lake.

Today was perfect.