Lake Day

*Emily's POV*

"Last one in the lake has to swim across it!" Nash yelled and ran to the lake. My friend Hayes and I laughed and ran into the lake too.

I crossed my arms. "I'm last. Do I have to swim?"

"Yep." Nash laughed.

"C'mon bro that's kind of unfair. Emily's a girl, she'll get tired." Hayes said. I looked at Hayes and smiled.

"It's true." I said.

"Fineeee." Nash rolled his eyes and splashed Hayes and I.

"Oh no you didn't." I said and splashed him back. Hayes laughed splashed me. I lowered my eyebrows and scrunched my nose.

We kept splashing each other until I felt a force pull me down into the water and lips colliding onto mine. I opened my eyes quickly to see Hayes. I can up on the water in shock.

"Ooooooh you kissin or nah?" Nash smirked.

"Shut up!" I said and splashed him. My face flushed red.

I felt Hayes's eyes looking at me.

"I'm gonna go tan for a bit." I said awkwardly and ran out of the lake.

I tanned for a little and felt a hand touch my shoulder. I looked up.

"Emily. You okay?" Hayes asked.

"I don't know." I didn't make eye contact.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know...I guess I'm just like, confused. With the kiss and all that." I said.

"Oh."

I sat up. "Like I'm just confused. I really really like you but I don't want our friendship to be ruined."

Hayes looked me in the eyes and put his hand on mine. "Our friendship won't get ruined. I promise you."

I nodded and gave a small smile. "So..."

"So will you be my girlfriend?"

I bit my lip and smiled. "Yes."

Hayes kissed me softly on the lips. "I'm so happy, beautiful."

"You guys comin back in the lake or nah?" Nash yelled.

We looked at him and laughed. Nash and his whole "or nah" thing is so funny. Hayes took my hand and we ran back into the lake.