Me?

*Kayla's POV*

I felt my heart flutter. Hayes Grier. He's the most popular boy in the grade. All the girls like him, including me. His charming blue eyes capture all of the girl's hearts. As Hayes walked in the hallway talking to a bunch of friends, I saw girls staring in awe. I was staring in awe until I snapped into reality and noticed something.

He was walking toward me.

Great. I'm not ready! My hair probably looks crazy right now. And who knows? My shirts probably inside out. I checked. It's not. Wait why would it be? I have to calm down. I'm stressing about this too much.

"Hey Kayla." Hayes said. What. He knows my name. I only have one class with him (science) but I never really got a chance to actually talk to him.

"H-hey, Hayes." I said a bit nervously.

"I was wondering if you wanted to be partners with me for the next science project."

Me? Is this real life.

"Yeah sure! That would be fun." I smiled.

"Cool," Hayes said. "We should hang out more. You're so pretty and you seem like such a nice person."

I blushed. "Oh..thank you. And yeah I'd love to hang out."

Did Hayes Grier just ask me out? And did I just say yes? I wanted to hug him. Or kiss him. I was so happy.

But, he kissed me on the cheek before I could (desire to) kiss him.

I felt my face get hot.

"Awesome," Hayes smiled. "Add your number in my phone."

He handed me his phone as I kind of shook as I typed in my number.

"Text me later, Kayla." Hayes winked and walked away.

I actually felt like I was going to cry tears of joy. "Definitely!"

Today was the best day ever.