Fourth of July

*Kamisha's POV*

"Kamisha! Come in the pool already!" My best friend Hayes yelled as he jumped into the pool. I dipped my foot in and hesitated. It was freezing. Hayes grabbed my hand and pulled me in.

"You're so going to regret that!" I yelled and splashed him.

Hayes splashed me back. "Oooh I'm so scared!" He said sarcastically.

We heard a loud boom and flicked our heads toward the sky. There were bright, blasting fireworks exploding in the night sky. I felt Hayes look at me.

"It's beautiful." I said in awe. I looked at Hayes and he nodded.

And then leaned in.

To kiss me.

I was in so much shock. I opened my eyes in disbelief while kissing him.

"Hayes what was that for!" I said.

I saw disappointment flood Hayes's face. He looked down and didn't say anything.

"H-Hayes...why did you just kiss me?" I said slowly.

"Because I love you, okay?! I'm in love with you, Kamisha, and always have been! You never even acknowledge my love for you. You shade it." Hayes yelled. I didn't say anything. Lately I've started to develop feelings for Hayes but I didn't realize that he loved me. We've known each other forever.

"Oh..."

Hayes ran his hands through his hair. "I just screwed everything up. Now our friendship is all messed up. I ruined everything. I hate myself."

"Hayes, don't say that! Nothing is messed up. Don't hate yourself. How can you hate yourself? I mean, you're so good looking and the way your eyes light up when your happy and your smile that brightens up my day and how you always care about me and
you're always there for me and there's so much to love about yourself because you're amazing, Hayes." I heard myself say. I can't believe I just said that.

"Kamisha.."

"I-I can't believe I just said that. I'm gonna get out of the pool. It's too cold." I said nervously and started to get out. Hayes grabbed my wrist and pulled me back in.

"No, stay. That was the most amazing thing anyone has ever said to me." Hayes didn't let go of my hand.

I took a deep breath. "Well I have to admit that all those things I said about you are 100% true." I looked into Hayes's eyes that lit up like the fireworks. "I never really realized this, but, I'm in love with you..."

I felt a pair of lips collide with mine. Sparks flew between us like the fireworks above us. Hayes blushed like crazy and flashed a huge smile. "Kamisha..I love you so much."

"I love you too."