Chapter 25-Crazy Day

Lily's Pov :

Last night was rough.

You wouldn't believe how crazy these werewolves can get.

I probably had to pull most of them off of drunk, stupid humans.

With all the caos going on, I didn't get a chance to sleep.

So its about 9 a.m. and I'm driving back to Drews. Everybody should still be sleeping. I know what I'm going to do, when I get back.

I park in my usual spot in the garage and took my small bag that I had packed for the night and headed toward the front door.

I unlocked the door with my key that Drew gave me.

Everything was quiet inside, so they were probably sleeping in.

I dropped my bag on the stairs, determined it will make its way upstairs before anyone wakes up.

On my way to the kitchen, I had to go to the living room.

The living room was not empty, it was filled with maximum capacity.

Everyone was here. Drews parents, Jacksons parents, everyone. Even people I didn't know.

And did I forget to mention all eyes were on me.

"Um...hi." I said, kind of awkwardly because of this predicament.

Some murmured hi's, nods and some waved.

I let out a small smile at their response.

Drew finally moved out of a small group of pack members, and over to me, snaking his arm around my waist.

"What's going on?" I whispered in his ear.

"Somethings going on with the rogues." he whispered back.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He held out his hand, gesturing to a table that was set up with a figure on it.

There on the table was a 30- year old man. He was dead. His dark hair was tousled, eyes closed, and face covered in dirt and bruises.

"What...what happened?" I asked, I have never seen a dead body, besides Jason.

"His name was Charles." Drew said sadly, the way he said was, was sickening. "He was part of the pack, a warrior. He never found his mate, sadly. We found him near the border line. But what really sticks out about his death is he dies from one claw to the throat, wolf form." Drew exclaimed with sadness in his eyes.

I don't blame him. Even though Drew never knew the man, he is alpha and it's his duty to protect his pack. He feels like he let them down.

I rubbed his back soothingly.

"So you think the rogues did this?" I asked.

"I know rogues did this." He said, walking closer to the body.

I didn't want to see the corpse, but if this is what Lunas do, then so be it.

Drew stretched his hand above Charles stomach, where there was blood soaking his shirt.

"An arrow was stabbed into the body to hang a note." He said and then taking me to a smaller table.

He picked up a piece of paper in a plastic bag.

The writing was in dark blood. Charles blood.

The note said...

'One down, rest of the pack to go."