Chapter 52-What the...?

Lily's Pov:

I woke to soft snores that belonged to my beloved mate.

I laid in bed, waiting to open my eyes so my senses could wake up first.

Once I finally opened them, I began to softly pull away from Drews strong hold.

He struggled to let go, but I was taking my time, and eventually I got out of his secure grip without waking him.

I tip-toed out of the room,and went to Callie and I's closet to change into my working-out clothes.

I slipped on my exercise clothing: nikee shoes, cypress leggings, and a sports bra.

I made sure to grab my phone from the kitchen counter, before walking into the livingroom, and finding a used pillow and blanket laid out oon one of the couches.

Drew.

It was 8:40 a.m.. So, I am guessing that everyone is still sound asleep.

I don't even know why I am awake; to be honest. I just woke up, and felt the need to move.

I plugged in my headphones on the way to the door and ran out.

I was running toward the main, rugged road, and then entered the glorious forest.

The woods were silent. I could still hear the sound of crickets, and birds chirping after a long nights sleep.

Fog was still around, causing me to barely see my feet as I ran.

The grass was still filled with early morning moisture.

I could feel a cool breeze hit my skin, making me run faster.

I was at peace.

Finally, at peace.

Not worrying about the pack or the guilt eating me alive from my identity.

Drews forgiveness meant the whole world to me; I just didn't know I would have a broken heart in the process, but it was worth it.

I was about to turn to go a different direction, but then, all of a sudden; I was pushed to the ground by a hard body.

My angel reflexes immediately responded; by lighting my body on fire, and making a giant root, tangle around my ambusher, holding whoever he or she is in place.

I rolled onto my back, and looked into the eyes of my attacker.

"Leo!" I yelled, moving my arm down, causing the root to put him back on his feet and then laying out my palm, released him from my hold.

Leo fell to the ground with a thud on all fours.

I got back to my feet, brushing off dirt from the dusty road.

It took Leo a few minutes to catch his breath.

I don't know if it's because he had been running, or he was just in shock at how fast I fought back.

He looked to his arms, rubbing them.

I studied them, and saw blistering skin and bruises.

"Here." I said, calmly. "Let me fix you up, while you explain."

Leo nodded.

We ended up walking deeper into the high trees, and planting a seat on a log, that I gracefully took to the moisture off so we wouldn't get wet.

"Were you always this fast?" Leo asked, once I started healing his arms.

I laughed, and nodded. "Since I can remember." I said.