Chapter 23 - Meeting the Family

Lily's Pov :

So last night was close.

Obviously I'm already appearing sneaky and suspicious to everyone.

The real reason why I take walks alone are...

I really go into the woods and just fly. I needed to stretch my wings out, or else they will be too cramped up.

I just know tonight in dinner, Drews dad will question me about what I am.

I know I need to tell Drew of what I am, but now isn't a good time. Nor, will I tell anyone.

They will think of me a liar and I have been lying the whole time. I can't have that. I don't do good with hate.

One day in my freshman year this girl purposely spilled ketchup, in the cafeteria for the whole school to see, over my new jeans. I remember running home crying and then flying afterward.

Right now I am in my closet picking out the perfect summer dress to wear for dinner.

I decided this one black and white stripped dress that went down to my mid-thighs. I had a brown, braided belt for my waist and put up red summery wedges.

I left my hair all wavy and kept my angel necklace on. I never take this thing off.

I put on make up that made it look natural. I added a brighter shade of red lipstick to touch up the look.

"Stacey! Peyton!" I yelled to the room, next of me.

They were going out to dinner, so they were getting ready.

Peyton walked in first.

She gasped to add more effect on my outfit. "You look gorgeous!" she gushed.

"Me? What about you?!" I gushed, looking over her outfit.

She had a mint, high-low strapless dress on with tan flats. Her blonde hair was curled and her make up was nude coloring.

She posed for me and we both ended up laughing.

"Now what is all the commotion?" Stacey came in putting on a pair of earings.

She was wearing a simple black flowy dress. The top of her dress was filled with straps going all type of directions. It was like a crop top with a pencil skirt.

Her hair was in a nice bun and she was rocking the smokey eye look.

"Damn!" Stacey saud, once looking at our outfits.

We laughed with her.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am!" Stacey said, intertwining her arm with one of me and Peytons.

We walked down stairs to find the boys laying on the couches.

They looked like they were in a deep, engrossed conversation.

"Ready?" I asked, getting their attention.

Their heads snapped my way and let's just say they were checking us out from top to bottom.

"I think we look good." Peyton said, whispering in my ear.

I giggle at her comment.

"We look good. Yes?" I asked, totally amused at this.

Before they could answer, Callie stormed into the room panting.

"You okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah, but you wouldn't believe how hard it is to sneak out." She said, catching her breath, fixing her dress.