Chapter 63-Numb

Lily's Pov:

Drew's scent fulfilled my senses, waking them after a long slumber.

"Lily." He spoke. His voice. His voice sped my weak heart.

It couldn't be. Have I been saved? Has Drew killed the rogues, leaving Hunter and Scott to fend for themselves in our pack prison? And I slept through it all?

Those demons didn't make it far enough for Drew and our pack to catch them.

I knew they could find me.

Sparks, awoke my skin, replacing the pain, and sores from my last beatings.

My eyes fluttered open in anticipation to see my beloved mates angelic face.

"Drew." My voice croaked, ready to burst into tears at any second.

I'm saved!

Drew looked upon me in adoration.

"Hey," He spoke gently as if his words would hurt me. "You're safe now."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, wanting, no needing, to feel the security and safety of his warmth overflowing my body.

I breathed him in like a drug. Finally. Finally, I am free from torture and torment.

Drew pulled back to stare into my tearful eyes.

"I love you." I said, as if it were my last.

Drew pulled back a stray hair, that hasn't been washed in weeks, with his hand, tucking it behind my ear.

"Wake up." He said, soft as a feather, as he looked into my eyes.

"What?" I muttered, feeling myself evaporate into thin air, as Drew's face became blurry.

"Wake up!"

My body burst awake, as if millions of frozen ice cubes were poured down my back.

I was sweating. It was a dream. No, a nightmare reminding me I am not saved; I am still trapped in hell.

I want to sob in a corner, so hard that my lungs cannot keep up.

I want to disappear and feel numb to the touch. Numb of beatings, torment and emotions.

"It's about time." The female from the front seat announced in greeting.

She smiles as if I do this all the time. She smiles like she is my best friend and I should return the gesture, but I don't.

"We're here." She said, with a sneer.

Female equals bipolar, which explains how she became a rogue. She would be a major red flag for a pack.

A mysterious male forcefully grabs my unbound wrists and shoves me out of the car.

I land on my feet, but balance seems to be impossible. I have to lean onto the disgusting male to remain upright.

He doesn't seem affected by it, and continues to drag me into the lake house.

I catch the lake in the distance and instantly notice no lights besides the lake house, meaning we are the only ones on the lake.

I'm brought into the house, and I instantly feel the warmth of the building.

Scott is at the end of the hallway, impatiently waiting. We must be late arriving.

I suck in a deep breath, knowing I will be held accountable, and will receive a beating as punishment.

"You are late." He stated, before tugging me away from the rogue.