Chapter 59- Left with Our Thoughts

Drew's Pov:

"Drew," Alex calls from behind me through mindlink.

I stop in my tracks and wait for him to continue, scanning the trees and bushes to see something stand out that can help me find Lily.

"It's been 3 days, we need to rest." He said.

"You go." I tell him.

"I'm not stopping." I tell myself.

"Lily would want you to take a break." Nate insisted.

Adam and Nate, and the rest of their pack volunteered their time to help search for my mate.

"You guys go." I told them. "I'm not stopping."

"Neither am I." Stacey agreed.

Both of us have been in our own version of hell, but know that Lily and Leo are worse in pain.

I feel afraid for her.

I wish I never got mad in the first place.

I wish I stayed closer to home, rather than in Alaska.

As soon as I heard, Leo and Stqceys cry for help when they were captured; I ran as fast as I could.

Alex, Jackson, and Parker kept me posted after that.

Once I heard Lily went with them..I was livid.

Livid at myself.

How could I be such an ass?

I met the guys on the field, hovering over one of Lilys friends who looked familiar to when I found her at a church.

The girl was dead. Neck snapped in two. Dried blood came out of her ears, nose and mouth.

Her dead eyes screamed she was scared as hell, and not ready to die. I closed them, because I couldn't stare into them any longer.

I didn't want to plan it out on the field.

Her scent was still fresh, so I immediately followed as fast as I could.

It lead me-a few miles later-to two patches of dried blood on the dead grass.

Stacey broke. She broke down over Leos pool of blood. None of us could settle her.

I repetitively told her that we have to get moving, but she would only scream out in agony, saying over and over he's dying.

Jackson stayed with her, as Alex, Parker and I proceeded on.

We ran into Adams territory, where Adam, Nate and the rest of his pack pitched in to help.

Ever since we have been searching.

Stacey caught up a day ago.

Stacey cried herself to sleep, leaving Jackson to take her back to the house. There Jackson put Stacey in her bed and pulled the girls out of the safe and explained everything.

The girls took care of Stacey and kept their eye on her, while Jackson went back out to help us.

Parker went back to the house yesterday to go and get Satcey and that brought us to today.

This would mark the 36 hours I have went on a constant search for my mate.

Alex and Parker have searched along with me.

I can understand why they may be tired. They haven't seen of heard from their mates in 3 days.

I can't stop. Stacey can't stop. We won't stop.

At the end, the boys knew there was no point in arguing and left my side as they ran back to the house, awaiting their mates open, healthy, safe arms.

I have no idea what they are doing to her.

She's an angel and I'm a werewolf, meaning we don't have a bond like Leo and Staceys where they can sense their feelings.

Stacey whimpers every other hour. She can feel Leos pain.

I hope that during that other hour of no pain, means they didn't move on to Lily.

Each day both of their senses gets washed out and foggy each day and its unbearable.

"Come on, Lil," I repeat in my head, dreaming that she'll get it. "Fight them, come home and be careful."

--------------

Lily's Pov:

It's been four days and the doses of drugs keep coming.

I get two doses everyday, while Leo gets one.

They check up often on us. Supplying both of us with little food and water, but it keeps us going.

They are observant, they can see my senses coming to life.

So what they do is simple. I start coming out of the drug, one beating, then the second dose is ready.

Same with Leo, except he gets numerous beatings as a reminder to me that I shall not resist or else.

My body has been adjusting quickly to the drugs.

First two days were awful, I slept through most of them; only woke by beatings.

The last two though, I can tell I'm getting stronger, but I don't tell anyone.

I get an incision evryday at 4:00 a.m. and p.m.. I begin to feel more in control two hours before them.

I train my body to survive. I save my energy, during those hours to send air around Leos wrist to heal the burning. Quite frankly that is all I am able to do.

After his beatings, I cool him down in cold air.

Leo repeatedly tells me that we can do this, survive, but I worry Leo won't be able to handle it.

He isn't as strong as I. I shouldn't speak so highly of myself either. I can't heal as fadt as Leo.

Leo has been in many fights. He has learned to withstand a punch, slap or a clawing to the cheek.

I have had no experience. None, and I continue to debate if this is Drews fault.

I can get Leo out of here. I know I can.

I need to do it fast or else he won't make it, and I won't be able to stare Stacey in the eye and tell her I failed.

I try not to cry or think negatively.

I believe Drew is coming.

I want to be in control.

I want to have great strength.

All I want is to be in Drews protective arms, safe from Scott and Hunter.

I dream of being in his arms, terrified I will never get another chance.

To add we left in bed terms. I hate this.

I just want Drew. No matter how pathetic that sounds.

"He's coming Lily." Leo softly whispers over to me.

"I know." I say, but are they?

"Drew would tell you to show no fear. That you can do this, and he believes in you." Leo encourages me, but I already know. I've been told many times from Leo and Its getting old, fading into the past. I know he's trying to help me but its not. "Right now," Leo continues, "If you were Stacey I'd wipe all of the tears off her face-" Oops I guess I defeated the purpose of not crying. "-and hold her in my arms, never letting go."

I could see tears pooling in his eyes, and I breathed in deeply to respond, "If Drew started crying, I'd squeese him to reassure him that I'm here; then make fun of him for crying." I laughed at thelast part, remembering bits and pieces of memories.

That night or morning, I knew we would fall asleep to the sounds of each others tears.

************************************