Chapter 62- Minor Setback

Drew's Pov:

"Get everything off the table!" I roared, as I and four others were holding Leo's broken body above the ground.

Jessica quickly threw all of the candles and plates flying off the table, making it crumble to the floor.

We gently placed Leo on the table, while Callie caught his head with a pillow instead of wood.

Dr. Marcus pushed his way through the arising crowd, and placed his equipment near Leo's legs.

Stacey refused to let go of him. His hand was the only thing that calmed Stacey from sobbing all over again. Her face was still stained with tears, but they stopped for now.

Doc proceeded to take his vital signs and kept ordering his staff around.

After Doc finished doing necessary vital signs, and examining he calmly turned his attention to Stacey and I.

"Leo seems to be undergoing alot of trauma,"Doc began, as Stacey tightened ger grip on him. "Several broken ribs that have been healed repeatedly and each time not healed correctly, and the ribs may have punctured his left lung, but we won't know fursure until we run more tests." Doc said, grabbing pressure banfages around Leo's torso with the help of the nurses.

"What about his head?" Parker asked, grimacing at his apperance.

Doc turned his attention, after applying the dressings, and took out a flashlight, forcing Leo's eyes open and flashing the light into them.

After he was down, he scratched his head in hesitation, "Uh...Severe head trauma mostly in the frontal and temporal lobe, there may be a bleed or aneurysm, but since he looked to have survived in the woods for a while it is highly unlikely." Doc said, almost out of breath, as he observed his body.

I watched as Stacey took a shaky breath, and kissed Leo's knuckles.

"What about the silver?" I asked, as my eyes focused on his wrist.

Doc looked back at the matching fleshy wrists, he said, "There seems to be no silver in his body. He is going to need skin graphs on his wrists after I clean the wound, but the silver would have killed him by now" Everyone took a breath of relief, as Doc explained, "It is a medical miracle, he survived from the silver at all."

I watched Stacey like a hawk. She stared off into wonderland, as small tears fell slowly down her face.

I walked over to her, and rubbed her back soothingly.

"I need to run more tests at the hospital immediately." Dr. Marcus strongly stated, as he stared at Stacey for permission.

"No hospital." Stacey muttered at a whisper.

"Stacey-" I began, to say, because Leo needed to go, and get healthy so I can ask him about Lily.

"No!" Stacey interrupted, somewhat angry for any of the doctors help. "No hospitals! Leo doesn't like hospitals..." she explained, drifting off as she looked at Leo.

"Stacey," I said, shaking her shoulders, as if to wake her. "Leo will die if he doesn't go." I softly explained to her.

"No!" Stacey said, once again. "Why...why can't we do it here?" She asked in desperation.

"Stacey," Doc said, intervening. "It isn't sterile in here, and I need more doctors to perform surgery."

At the human hospitals, there are some surgeons that know of werewolves and are werewolves, so if a rogue bites a human, there is no speculation.

"Then he can come back here?" Stacey asked with hope in her eyes.

"More than likely yes, but he may need to stay in the pack house for awhile so I'm near." Doc explained softly.