Ch36: Beating hearts & Synchronisation.

Tyler's POV.

The car remains silent as we drive home. I don't bother turning on the radio and as Troye gazes out the open window, I am unable to think of anything that needs to be said. Instead I keep focused on the road ahead and enjoy the cool breeze that filters the car as I drive. My shoulders have turned a soft shade of pink and I know that by the time I go to bed tonight, the lightest touch will cause them to sting, however a little sunburn is a price I'd be willing to pay over and over for another day like this. I had expected to feel a mixture of nerves and excitement today and because of that I had planned for a relaxed day with an easy atmosphere, but it had exceeded my expectations. As usual Troye had flitted between tender and playful, and each of his kisses and jokes had warmed me with a simmering adoration. The anticipation of my plans for tonight has only intensified these emotions and I am unsure how I have not boiled over and spilt my secrets already.

Smiling as I continue drive, I mull over the knowledge that I was right to take Troye to the cove today. It has always been my secret, safe place and today sharing it with him has only strengthened the attachment I feel to the rocks that have hugged me in my times of need. Whilst we had sat on those same rocks staring out at the vast ocean, I had taken the opportunity to try and soothe the worries that plague his mind regarding our impending separation. My words seemed to have had the desired effect, calming his demons and giving him more strength to cope with the inevitable distance- however little or long it may last. In addition of calming Troye, our tender moment has reassured me of my final unvoiced worry and now I feel happier knowing that everything has been set into place. With these thoughts, I realise that there is no longer any reason to do anything but enjoy my night with my beautiful man.

As we pull into our apartment block garage, Troye still hasn't spoken and after cutting the engine, I turn my body towards his. Our lack of words for the duration of our car journey has not been uncomfortable, but looking at his face now, with his bright eyes seemingly elsewhere I cannot help but wonder where his mind has travelled to. As he unclicks his seatbelt, I break the long silence by asking him what he is thinking. He smiles at me before reciting his answer in an almost poetic rhythm,

"He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same".

I stare at back at Troye, watching his lips, waiting for him to continue his recital but they remain pursed together and still. Silently and with a new soft blush on his cheeks, Troye begins to climb out the car whilst I sit speechless and smiling. A hazy glow begins to flow through my body like the sun beams that break clouds and my heart becomes as heated as my burnt skin. I consider Troye's words, silently agreeing that we are one and I am now surer than ever that today has had the desired effect on him and our relationship.

Troye suddenly opens my car door, hunching his body into the car frame to beckon me to stand up and without a moment of thought I clasp his sculpted face into my hands and press a kiss to his lips. Our kiss lasts only seconds before I allow Troye to pull me from the car but it is a few seconds of pure perfection.

"You know I didn't write that right?" he asks me, still blushing and coyly burying his face into my shoulder, trusting me to guide him through the car lot and towards the lift.

"Of course- it's Bronte. I am a cultured genius remember?" I tease, referring to his mocking earlier on the beach. "But," I add, pausing to return to our tenderness, "although you didn't write it, you did just recite it to me, and that alone holds the sentiment". My response continues to make his blush burn and I smile at how adorable he can be. Waiting for the lift to appear, I wrap my arms around him and happily let the quote float through my head, each word reinforcing my desire to continue with my plans for the night.