Ch49: Honesty & New Boyfriend.

Tyler's POV.

 Standing next to the front door of our apartment, I give myself one last glance in the decorative mirror that hangs at the side of the door frame. My fingers tweak at my quiff, ensuring that each blonde hair is positioned as I like it.

 "Troye!" I yell, my voice bellowing through the living area towards our bedroom.

 "One minute".

 "You said that over five minutes ago". I roll my eyes as I hear him rummaging through the bottom of our closet. Hearing the various thuds of shoes being thrown from the closet to the bedroom floor, I turn and begin to walk towards the noise.

 As I approach the bedroom, Troye's slight body comes into my view. He is, as I had assumed, knelt on the floor of our closest rummaging through our large collection of shoes and tossing aside the rejected ones. Looking over his near all black outfit, I realise which pair of boots he is looking for.

 "Tilly, do you know where my-"

 "They're by the sofa".

 "Are they?" he replies, his unique accent tinted with uncertainty as he looks up at me. I nod in response, whilst glancing back down at my watch. We had been due at Korey's apartment fifteen minutes ago, yet Troye had returned home from a day at the recording studio late and had been taking far too long to shower and dress. Normally I would not care too much about being late to meet with Korey. With years of being best friends, we had come to the point in our friendship where turning up late was no longer even acknowledged. More often than not, Korey expected me to turn up slightly late due to my hectic working schedule, however tonight is different. Tonight it is not just Korey that we are late to meet. Tonight, I was finally being allowed to meet his new boyfriend.

Stood by the front door again, I give Troye a pointed look as he finds his old but beloved, black boots.

 "My boots! You were right".

 "You left them there last night, before I asked you several times to put them away," I retort, irritation lacing my words.

 "Hey, don't be grouchy".

 "I know, I'm sorry. I just hate being late".

 "No you don't. Not for nights like this anyway- with just Kor and his boyfriend" he replies, now slipping his feet into the chunky-heeled boots and pulling up the invisible-styled zips.

 "Exactly tonight we're meeting Will. For the first time." I state, my exasperation clear as I toss Troye his light-weight jacket. Catching the garment, he shakes his head and rolls his eyes at me.

 "Will is not going to care that we're late. Korey probably said we'd be there for 'seven-ish' anyway rather than seven".

 "First time Troye; It's our first time meeting him. After me repeatedly nagging Korey to let us meet him for, what? Three, four months now? We can't just show up late after all that, plus first impressions are important".

 "Will's the one that's in the scarier situation- meeting his boyfriend's friends for the first time. It's supposed to be him that worrying not you," he tells me and my thoughts cannot deny the truth in his statement. "Anyway, I stroked Korey's arm remember? And we're great friends. Being late won't matter, relax". Instantly, my expression changes to a smile at the memory of first introducing Troye to Korey several years ago. Korey had been both surprised and wary of the way in which Troye had mindlessly, and strangely stroked his bicep during their first meeting. It's still something that Korey likes to tease Troye about, never failing to paint a blush below my gorgeous mans cheekbones.