Chapter 49: lets get high

"Oli! Wake up!" Lee said slapping me round the face a dozen times. My eyes instantly opened and straight away my hand began to throb. "What happened?" I mumbled under t breath. "You uh fucked the house up abit... well I mean completely and cut your hand" Lee said scratching his head.

"What the" i gasped lifting my hand up. It was bandaged up. A confused look spread across my face. "Yeah I took care of it" Lee said getting up and sweeping up the glass. Woah I really did make a mess. "Thank you" I said carefully getting up but I suddenly fell back down onto the floor. Lee ran over to me, worry flushed all over his face. "Careful mate" he said gently standing me up. I stood against the counter carefully placing my other hand on it.

I don't understand what Ruby meant. we were absolutely happy together and now this. Why? My mind keeps over playing the events on what has happened recently. I staggered over to the fridge and rummaged through it. My eye caught onto a massive bottle of gin. This will be nice. I grabbed it furiously but my hand had a shock of pain and I winced.
"No oli" Lee said snatching it off me angrily.
"What do you think you're doing??" I screamed.
"This isn't what you need right now" he said heading over to the sink. No no no. Not my alcohol. I ran over to him, grabbing his hand which caused me to slip and fall back on the floor.
"Fuck sake Oli can't you see I'm trying to help you here" Lee spat tossing the bottle across the kitchen which smashed into pieces.

My eyes were now wide. I'd never seen Lee mad before. "Listen to me getting high and getting Fucking drunk is going to make yourself feel better. Because in the in end you get sober and need more. Then it's a fucking cycle. Get yourself together you piece of shit" Lee said furiously.
Woah. Did he really just say that to me?
"Calling me a piece of shit was a bit far mate" I smirked.
"Yeah well you look like one right now" Lee laughed.

"You get back up and show her what she's missing. Or you get over her, write some good ass songs and fucking live your life!" Lee shouted.

I scratched the back of my head and began to nod. Maybe the single life didn't seem too bad after all.
"Think of all the girls who would be after you now" Lee teased.
Girls. Hoes. Bitches. Yes. Sex. Drink and parties I think so.
"You're right I'm gonna do this" I smiled whilst I winced in pain from my hand.
"Yeah maybe watch your hand for a bit mate" Lee laughed.

————

(Ruby's POV)     Next day.

I hit my hand against my head. "Fuck!" I screamed. I had completely ruined our relationship. All this was my fault. Now I have to face him at school which I really do not want to do.

"Come on girl get your ass out that door we got school" Ashley shouted up the stairs. I sighed throwing my hoodie over me and grabbed my bag which was full of books and rubbish.
"So wanna talk about what happened between you and Oli?" Ashley asked but she knew I wasn't up for it.
"I'd rather forget about it to be honest" I sighed.

Ashley nodded "Matt nearly got me pregnant" she laughed.
I choked on my water "What?" I asked with disbelief.
"Yeah. It was quite funny to be honest" Ashley giggled.
"I highly doubt nearly getting pregnant is funny but okay" I shook my head laughing.
"Please be careful next time"

Ashley began to ramble on and on like usual. But I wasn't complaining at least there was something to talk about. And not just utter silence. I looked up and glanced at a crowd of people. It was Bring Me The Horizon. My stomach dropped as Oli was bound to be there. As we got closer I began to recognise him. His brown hair, brown eyes and the fact he was dressed in all black as per usual. He looked happy. Actually a lot happier.

"Who is that?" I asked as I furrowed my eyebrows.
"Aw isn't it a lovely day" Ashley sighed cheerfully looking at the blazing hot sun.
Why was she ignoring me? Why was she changing the subject?
"Ashley you don't even like the sun" I rolled my eyes.

We got closer and closer. They all stopped outside a house. Hayley's house. She ran out skipping over to Oli. He gave her a quick kiss and they intertwined their hands together. A verge of jealousy filled my body and I clenched my fists.
"Why don't we walk another way!" Ashley laughed awkwardly turning around.
"You knew?" I asked.
"I didn't want to upset you Ruby" she said sadly shrugging her shoulders.
"Are you being serious? Ashley I would've found out sooner or later because school duh" I rolled my eyes again.

"Oh yeah" she said scratching her head.
"I completely forgot" she added.
"Ashley you seem to forget about a lot of things" I sighed.

I turned around and began to walk away before Oli had spotted me. I knew him and Hayley want to rub it in my face. "Ruby where you going?" Ashley yelled.
"I'll see you at school later" I shouted and began to speed my walking up until I couldn't see them at all.

I was so determined to get away from everyone I bumped into someone. Which led to me falling to the ground. I winced in pain. "I am so sorry" a familiar voice said.
I looked up and it was Tom. He grabbed my hand, helping me up and I thanked him.
"It's all a mess" I groaned.
"I guess you know about him and Hayley?" He asked trying not to annoy me.
"Oh yeah it's pretty shit" I nodded.
"I better go now" I said turning around. "Where?" Tom asked intriguingly.
"To get high. Wanna come?" I smiled.
He nodded straight away and I grabbed his hand. Tom was surprised for a moment but relaxed after a while.

————
A/n

I'm not dead😂 this took a while to write. It's probably shit. Yes. If you wanna stop reading this I don't blame you. Find out what happens in the next chapter?? If I can make it any exciting? Idk. Love you guys! Tysm for the reads 🖤