Chapter 12: who are you now?

*dream*

You're a failure. You failed to keep him alive and for that you should rot in hell. Nobody wants you..... All I could see was darkness again. No one was here but me. I looked down at my hands and there was blood all over my hands.

*end of dream*

-------- ( day later. Monday morning)

I slowly opened my eyes and groaned great I had school today. I was ignoring pretty much everyone for the past day since the other night. I had over 50 messages from Ashley, Lucy and Tammy. I even had one from Oliver. He asked me if I was ok but there's no way I'd be replying to that cunt. Not after the way he spoke to me the other night.

I tumbled out of bed and dragged myself to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, did my hair and cleaned my cuts. Ugh. I chucked on some skinny black jeans and a baggy black jumper which had the words "I hate everyone" across it. I pulled on my converse and grabbed my bag.

My dad had come home since the incident. But I've refused to speak to him. I opened my door and walked towards the stairs and I was faced with my mother. "Have you spoke to your father?" She said with hope in her eyes hoping that I actually did speak to him. "No" I muttered.

"Why not?" She asked sighing.

"Mum do you really think I'm going to talk to him? After he hit Ben, grabbed me by my hair and threw me to the ground. I don't think so" I rolled my eyes.

"It was an accident" she replied.

"No mum it was not an 'accident' because he's done this many times" I said pushing past her, I ran down the stairs towards the front door and slammed it shut.

The cold air hit my face instantly and I began to shiver. "What's up" Tammy said as she slung her arm around me.

"Fucking hell you scared me!" I laughed.

"Ahaha, me and Ashley came to yours yesterday morning. Your mum answered but said you wasn't in" Tammy said.

Ugh she lied to my friends because she was too scared of me telling them about what had happened. For fucksake.

"Yeah I was out sorry about that" I smiled.

"It's okay. What was wrong? Why did you leave Lucy's house like that?" She asked me worriedly.

"Oh family issues, they're so annoying but I love them to pieces" I smiled. Tammy smiled back to me but her smile looked very uncertain.

Lol do I fuck love them to pieces. My brother is alright and my mum she just forgives my dad all the time. All she does is make excuses up for him so he doesn't get In trouble. I guess she's in love with him and you'd do anything for that person but come on he has serious issues.

I feel so tired and lost today. Ugh. "Do you want a cigarette?" I asked Tammy as I pulled one out myself. "Sure" I handed her one over and we both began puffing on our cigarettes.

"Ello bitches" yelled a very familiar voice. I didn't even have to turn around because I knew exactly who it was already. Oliver.
I ignored him and carried on walking. Of course Oliver wouldn't have it and walked to school with me and Tammy anyway.

------

"Ruby! Please sit up and stop falling asleep will you!" My teacher mrs Williams yelled at me.

I slumped up from my desk and wiped my eyes. I couldn't wait to get home and just sleep. I was thinking about so many things right now. I just can't focus at all.

-----

It was now lunch time and I managed to fall asleep in all four of my lessons this morning. I really need to sleep. It was only my 2nd day at the school, it wasn't so bad I guess. Could've been worse. I didn't really wanna be around anyone at Lunch, so I decided maybe I could go in the music room and play some guitar.

I opened the door and there was only one person in here. A boy jumped right up and nearly fell over, he looked ever so embarrassed. I chuckled slightly to myself and watched him walk over to me. "Hi I'm tom" he said holding his hand. I shook his hand "hi my names ruby" I smiled.

"What're you doing in here then?" I asked.

"Oh just photography and stuff like that yanno" he said scratching his head.

"Can i see?" I asked biting my lip.

"Sure" he said handing me over his camera. I looked threw his photos and he was pretty good at photography. He took pictures of sunsets, musical instruments and bands. I then realised that most of these photos were Oliver and bring me the horizon.

"I didn't know you took photos of Oliver and his band" I smiled giving him his camera back.

"Well he is my brother after all" he smiled.

W H A T. Oh god. No he can't be? He's so much nicer then that dick.

"Well you're amazing at photography" I said pointing at his camera.

"Thank you so much!" He replied with a massive smile on his face. "I'll show you some more if you want" he said sitting next to me and pulling out his laptop. He clicked on photos and swiped through loads of them. They're so good. The door instantly burst open and I could hear faint laughs and my head shot up from the laptop and so did Toms.

"Tom?" Oliver said looking confused as his eyes kept flickering onto mine. "What are you doing with Ruby?" He asked his tone in his voice was gradually changing.

"I was just showing her my photos" tom said closing the laptop down.

"I see, well Ruby needs to leave now don't you" Oliver said looking at me angrily. I grabbed my things aggressively and said goodbye to tom and left. Oliver grabbed my wrist as I was walking down the corridor. "Get the fuck off me" I yelled pushing him off me.

"You're such a bitch. Stay away from tom he doesn't need a slag like you around him" he spat.

I don't know what I had done to Oliver for him to treat me like this. He really confuses me.

-------

This is probably so shite. I'm so sorry. Ugh.

Song for this chapter is "better off dead" by sleeping with sirens.