Chapter 1: goodbye.

Today was the day. The day I was moving away from America to live in England. We bought a quite big house. I had my own bedroom and so did my brother. I didn't really understand why we had to move, I really liked it here. It's always sunny and I love it. But mum says we need to leave. I know she and dad are hiding something, It's pretty obvious. It's so much hassle because I have to move to a brand new school. Which means meeting new people and I don't really like socialising. I used to get bullied pretty much all the way through school but hopefully i shouldn't at the new school. I'm trying to think positive and that everything will be okay once we get there.

"Ruby are you ready?" My mum yelled up the stairs. I was in my room saying goodbye to it. This room had so many memories. But not necessarily memories I want to remember. This is where I tried to commit suicide, this is where I cut myself repeatedly, where I cried everyday after school because I didn't want to be alive anymore.

"Ruby are you ready?" My mum repeated.

"Uhh yeah I'm coming now!" I replied wiping a tear that rolled down my cheek. I walked to the door way and turned around, giving the room one last look and made my way down the stairs.

"Come on let's go" my mum said grabbing my hand and walking me to the car. I hate it that she doesn't even trust me to walk to the car on my own. Bit over dramatic?

"Ew ya bitch" my brother Ben shouted laughing at me as I sat down beside him in the car. He thought he was so funny whenever he sweared. I rolled my eyes "fuck off"

"Oi ruby watch your language" my dad said looking at me in the mirror up above him in the car. I ignored him and plugged my headphones into my phone and stared listening to Melanie Martinez. She was one of my favourite singers. I love her because she is different if you compare her to any other artist and her music is actually good. My dad started the car up and I watched us drive away from the house. This was actually happening. I was excited and scared at the same time. I closed my eyes listening to pacify her and slowly drifted to sleep.

I was woken up by my dickhead of a brother. "Come on ruby we're at the airport now! Come on let's go" he smiled at me. I smiled back and unbuckled my seat belt opened the car door. Stepping out, I shoved my phone in my pocket and grabbed my bags. My dad took my suitcase and his, my mum took hers and Ben took his.

-----

I always hated airports because it was so long and boring in here. There were so many mixed emotions in here. There was happy people seeing their loved ones or sad people saying goodbye to their loved ones.

Which seemed like forever, our flight was finally boarding. Thank fuck for that. I followed behind my family and we boarded the flight. I was so nervous I don't really like flying and whenever we seemed to go on an airplane I freak out.

I was sat next to my mum and my bother was sat with my dad. Well at least I wasn't sat with some complete stranger this time. I slowly breathed in and out, trying not to panic.

"It'll be fine" my mum said giving me a smile.

"I hope" I sighed and rested my head back into the seat. Maybe I should get some sleep. I closed my eyes and drifted away.

* DREAM *

I ran and ran. Once I realised what had happened I had to get away from everything and everyone.

This was all my fault. I couldn't save him.

I was surrounded by darkness. I can't see anything but darkness. A evil voice blared through my ears as I stood there. It's all your fault he's dead. You were a useless best friend. You let him die. You fucked his life up. Your worthless. This shouldn't have happened, but it did and it was all your fault. You're the reason he killed himself"

* End of the dream *

I jumped up, sweating and tears were rolling down my cheeks. I looked beside me and there was no one on the plane but my mum.

"Hey hey What's wrong? Have you had another bad dream?" She asked with a worried look.

"Yeah again" I said rolling my eyes.

"Well it's all okay now" she said pulling me into a hug. "Anyway were here now so let's go" she smiled.

"What the? Did I really sleep through that entire flight?" I laughed wiping my tears away.

"Yes, yes you did" she laughed.

-------

Okay so this chapter is so long and ever so boring but the first chapter always is. You won't meet Oliver till the 3rd or 4th chapter? I don't know but yeahhhh. I Hope you liked the photo above of Oliver and Jordan ^^^ ;) and the song for this chapter is 'pacify her'

I'll always put a photo and a video on every chapter.

Anyways if you have any suggestions or anything for this story, feel free to message me.