Chapter 4: new friends.

"Finally at last here's the canteen, me and my friends hang out here every lunch time. You can sit with us today. If you want" Tammy smiled.

"Uhhh yeah I'd love to and thank you for showing me around" I replied.

"No problem! What lesson have you got now?" She asked looking over at my timetable which was in my hand.

"Science with mr fleece" I spoke up.

"You're with me! Let's walk together" she grabbed my hand and dragged me down the spooky dark corridors. This school was massive. I don't know how I was going to remember where everything was.

We finally made it to our class, Tammy stepped in first and I followed behind. I didn't recognise anyone in here at all.

"You're the new girl ruby? The teacher asked.

"Yes" I nervously spoke.

"Well I'm Mr Fleece. Don't worry we're not doing much today. You can go and sit with Tamara. I'm sure she'll help you with the work" he smiled.

I walked over to Tammy's table, pulled the stool out and sat down. There was 2 other people sat there. One was a boy and the other was a girl.

"Oh this is Lucy and Kieran" she smiled pointing at them.

I looked over and Kieran was scribbling in Lucy's book. "Kieran fuck off!" Lucy shouted looking annoyed and slapping him with her book.

She looked up and smiled. "Oh sorry about that. Kieran's just being a fucking dickhead"

I nodded and laughed. "Hey Rubyyyy!" Kieran yelled getting out of his seat, walking to the other side of the table near me and pulling me into a tight hug. Woah I didn't expect that. "Kieran don't suffocate her on her first day here" Tammy laughed.

----

I was given a blue science book and was told to write down my name, class etc.
The science lab was actually quite old and dirty looking. It was so different because in America we'd only be sitting next to 1 person. Not a table of 4. But I liked it like this.

Well I gotta say the morning was going quite good already. I made 3 friends and they seemed to be nice and very welcoming. I think I'm just going to get along fine.

----- (skip a bit of the school day) ----//

It was now lunch time and I had no idea where Tammy, Lucy or Kieran was. I remember Tammy saying they hang out in the canteen but there were so many people in there. Oh well, I guess if I wanna find them I gotta do this. I walked down another dark corridor and was faced with a big group of boys. My eyes instantly locked onto a boy. He had untidy brown coloured hair, which swooped across his face, covering one of his eyes. He had a dark pair of eyes and stood out from the group of boys. They were all laughing and messing about.

He was looking at his friend but then his dark eyes flickered to mine. He looked away ever so quickly. I felt a flush of embarrassment and looked at the floor. Way to go Ruby. I'm such an idiot.

I was getting closer and closer to them. Which was making me nervous because I hate walking past a group of boys. Especially in my old school where they'd make fun of me for trying to commit suicide. I don't even know how that got out to the whole entire school. Everyone called me an attention seeker. I never understood why because I wasn't like them girls who would tell everyone their problems to the whole class or let everyone know. I don't like people interfering or worrying about me because I know In the end I'll be fine.