Chapter 14: True love doesn't exist.

"See you guys later" Ashley squealed grabbing hold of matts hand and running off with him. I turned around and looked beside me. Great now I was stuck with Oliver till they get Back.

"You look like shit" Oli laughed.

"Oh hello to you to, but thank you" I rolled my eyes.

He laughed "so where do you want to go?"

"The canal would be great" I stated. "Bit cold for a boat trip don't you think?" He asked with confusion. "Oh no I was thinking of drowning myself" I smiled.
"You're an idiot. As much as I hate you, I don't think I'd let you drown in the fucking canal" he smirked.

"Why does tom hang out with you?" I asked. "Because everyone else is just horrible to him and I want to make sure he's alright you know?" Oliver said looking up at the sky.

"I see, he talks about you a lot to me" I said. Oliver looked at me and his eyes widened but slowly a grin formed on his face. "You mean you talk about me a lot to him" he winked nudging me. "Ugh Oliver in your dreams" I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. "No I'm literally being dead serious, he looks up to you, I'm not sure why though... as you are a dick" I muttered.

"And you're a bitch" he smiled.

"Thanks" I rolled my eyes.

can we go somewhere?" He asked.

"Sure but I don't know where" I said. "We could go to the library?" He asked. "I didn't know you like to read?" I asked surprisingly. "Yeah I read a lot at night" he said putting his hands in his pockets. "Well what are you waiting for let's go?" I said grabbing his hand. To be honest I don't know why I had hold of Olivers hand. I hated him with a passion. I was surprised he actually reads books. I like to read because reading takes me away from reality and I feel like I'm somewhere else. Especially books with vampires in. I love them. I wish vampires did exist because how cool would that be? That would be awesome. You could literally suck anyone's blood. Twilight has to be one of my favourite books. The movies are great but the book are always the best.

---

"These ones are my favourite" Oliver walked over pointing to the 'horror section'
"Same but i only really like vampire stories" I said pulling out a twilight book even though I've read every one of them. "Really twilight? That's like so overrated girl" he laughed rolling his eyes. "But it's a sweet story" I said. "It's about love ew" he said shaking his head. "Why what's wrong with love stories?" I asked.
"They're all the same, true love doesn't exist" he said miserably. I wondered why he thought that. "Have you ever been in love?" I asked. "Yes once, with this girl she was ever so beautiful. But she only used me and cheated on me" he said sadly. "But I thought you were that type of boy to cheat on girls?" I said looking up at him watching him scan through the books on the shelve. "I haven't cheated on anyone and never would think about doing it. It hurts you know, not feeling like you're good enough. It fucking hurts so much. Love is just stupid. Love can be amazing but it can also hurt" he said.

"That's true I guess" I said sadly. But Oli was right. Thinking about it What they show you on movies is bullshit half of the time. It's so different compared to reality. "You're so different right now" I said. "What do you mean?" He asked as his eyes Landed on mine again.
"You seem so I don't know... intimidating? In person. You also can come across as such a horrible person but you're actually okay" I said picking out a book. "I am a horrible person" he said coldly.

"What makes you think that?" I asked.
"Because I'm a waste of space, but in fact so is everyone else" he said sitting down at a empty table in the library. "Oh cheers" I said sitting down opposite him. "Oh you know what I mean" he laughed.

I wondered what went through Oli's mind everyday. He's very different then I expected. He proper let out some shit about love. I didn't even expect that. I'm kinda surprised he didn't tell me to fuck off or that he was expecting to fuck me, just because Ashley and Matt were fucking. this seemed very weird but I liked it at the same time. I think I'm seeing the nicer side of oli.

"Oh yeah I also wanna apologise about um everything I've done to you lately, like call you a bitch, a slag and just generally being horrible to you. I didn't mean to say all that. I don't know what came over me" he said still reading his book. How is that possible? To read and talk at the same time?

"It's fine I guess, I'm used to all that" I smiled.

His eyes widened and he shut the book ever so quickly. "What do you mean? Shit don't tell me you moved here because you were getting bullied and I've just made you feel like utter shit" he said his mouth dropped and he looked rather sad. I've never seen him sad before. This is so weird. I mean I have but not sad about me.

"Uh yeah I used to get bullied back in my old school. But I didn't leave because of that. It was family issues you know" I said.
"Ugh I'm sorry. I honesty am" he said shaking his head. "It's fine" I smiled.

My phone started buzzing and I had an idea it was either my mum or Ashley. I slid my phone out my pocket and it was Ashley.
"Where you at?" She whispered.
"At the library" I said.
"Why the fuck are you at a library? Wait I know why! Has Oli fucked you against the book shelves!? Nice one Ruby!" She squealed.
"No ash, Oli has not fucked me against the fucking book shelves" I said rolling my eyes. But I said it pretty loud enough for oli to look up. He laughed and shook his head.

"Aw but that's defo going on my list you now" she shouted down the phone.
"Nice to know" I laughed.
"So me and Matt are done. I need to speak to you about me and him. I kinda like him. A lot" she whispered.
I smiled "I knew you did"
"We're at mine but you two can come over in abit" she said.
"Sure, see you soon" I said ending the call.

A/N
Hey I hope you enjoyed this. Sorry if it's shit. I was pretty tired whilst writing this last night. Ugh I have work now with my dad and then I have a 2 hour long guitar lesson and I actually cannot be fucked to go. But I have to. Yay. Kmn. I should be updating soon! Don't forget to vote!!

Song for this chapter is "true friends" by bmth:))