Chapter 3: first day at my new school.

"Ruby get up now!" My mum yelled slamming the door open.

I groaned and sat up, looking over at the clock it read 7:30am. I had about an hour until school starts. that'll do. I stumbled out of bed. Yawning and rubbing my eyes. I went straight to my suitcase. I'm so glad I don't have to wear uniform. Most schools have uniforms but this one doesn't. I pulled out my clothes and got changed. I was wearing black skinny jeans, my chemical romance t-shirt, black converse and my black beanie. I put some makeup on. Not to much, just some eyeliner and mascara. I quickly brushed my hair
And I made my way down the stairs and entered the kitchen.

My mum was cooking breakfast. my dad was reading the newspaper as usual. I don't know why he reads that it's full of shite. And I'm guessing my brother was still asleep.

"Want anything to eat?" My mum asked smiling at me whilst flipping pancakes.
"Ugh yeah I guess" I said giving her a little smile and sitting down at the table.

"Everything will be okay today" my mum reassured me.

"Yeah well I hope so" I smiled. I hate worrying it causes me to worry about other things and then it goes round in a massive circle. It just creates problems that aren't even there. My mum placed a plate with 2 pancakes on with maple syrup. They smelt fucking amazing. "Enjoy" she smiled.

"Thank you" I chuckled.

"Don't forget to take your pills" she said worriedly.

"Mum I never forget, please don't worry" I smiled.
-----

I opened the front door and the cold breeze hit my face once again like it did when I got of the plane yesterday. Well what can I say? The weather back in America is much better.

I waved goodbye to my parents and left the house. I didn't even know how to get to the school which was stupid. Well I mean I have a rough idea where it is. I think.

I plugged my headphones in my phone and began listening to motionless in white. I put my hands in my pockets of my hoodie and slowly walked to school.

-----

I finally arrived and the school looked so much different to the one I went to in America. It almost looked like a prison because of the barred fence around the school. It was big and there was so many people here. I walked through the gates and instantly I could tell what kind of groups of people there were. I saw some stuck up girls wearing tight skirts and dresses, I'm guessing there the 'popular' girls. Then there was the geeks who probably were obsessed with anime. Then there was the group of popular boys who thought they were 'cool' when there not. Then there was the emo group. I'd probably fit in well with them.

One of the girls in that group, who had pink hair and was dressed in all black, looked at my t-shirt and smiled at me. I smiled back but continued to walk.

I'm guessing I have to ask for a time table as i haven't got one. I walked up to what I think is reception. That would be embarrassing if it's not.

"Hi I'm new here" I said. The woman sat behind the desk stared up at me and smiled. Oh hi! You must be ruby?" She smiled.

"Yes" I replied nervously.

"Here's your timetable, do you know your way round?" She said handing me over my time table.

"Thank you and Um no I don't" I said scratching my head.

"That's okay, I'll get someone to show you around the place" she smiled picking up the phone.

The bell rang and it seemed like everyone was going to tutor? I waited for the receptionist to finish her phone call, so I could find out what was happening.

"A Student should be coming here to show you around" she smiled putting the phone down. I nodded and sat down on a chair in reception.

A tall beautiful girl with long brown hair was walking towards me. She was wearing tight skinny jeans, a white top and she had timberland boots on.

"Hi I'm supposed to be touring you around the school right?" She smiled.

"I guess so" I smiled nervously.

"Okay well I'm Tamara but everyone calls me Tammy" she said smiling at me.

"I'm ruby" I smiled.

OOOOOOOOOOOO she's started school and has met someone already! I'm actually putting my 3 best friends in this fan fic😂 ahahahaha. I don't know if this was good or not! 😩

Song for this chapter is "who are you now" by sleeping with sirens. Such a beautiful song. I was literally listening to this song on repeat whilst writing this so yahhh.

If you have any suggestions or ideas for me. Let me know!