Chapter 35: im not letting you go

Song: king for a day💕
Picture: bmth

*one week later*

"I knew you two had something going on" Tammy piped up stuffing her face with ice cream. "Same, gotta take you to Anne summers baby" Ashley winked at me. We were all sat in the hall, after a week of everyone finding out me and Oli are together it was actually okay. No one made rude remarks. They respected me. People were actually speaking to me? Shock.

I began sipping the rest of my ice cold cola and scrolled through Facebook on my phone.
"Anyone seen Lucy and Kieran?" Tammy asked intrigued.
"No I haven't yet why?" I responded lifting my head up from my phone.
"Oh just wondering" she smiled continuing to eat her vanilla flavoured ice cream.

"So are you and Jordan together still?" I asked.
"Yeah I just haven't seen him lately... he's been working on some songs for the band you know" she looked down hiding her face.

"Is everything alright with you two?" I asked biting my lip. Me and Ashley gave each other a quick glance. Something was up with her but I don't what.

"Yeah" she mumbled "anyway I've got to go see you later guys" she smiled dashing out the hall.

"Strange" Ashley said scratching her head.
"Yes very" I nodded.

————
The bell ring and it was the end of the day. I hadn't seen Oli all day apart from in class but he barely spoke. Oh fuck he better not be sick of me already..
I sling my back over my shoulder and headed out my maths class and towards the stairs.

"How could you!" a voice screeched behind my ear. I slowly turned around and lifted my head up. Hayley. Great.
"What have I done this time?" I asked rolling my eyes and sighing.
"Oh don't worry I've heard about your 'news' fucking bitch!" She shouted spitting in my face.

"Oh me and Oli?" I frowned "I'm sorry but I can't help it he doesn't like you back he-
Before I could finish my sentence I was pushed down the stairs. I tumbled down, each step cutting and bashing into my back. The pain was terrible and I was in agony.

I slowly got up even though I was in pain. I'm not weak. I can't let this bitch walk all over me. "Stay the fuck away from me" I yelled slapping her across the face. Grabbing my bag, and running down the stairs with my back in pain I left.

God did I leave. Fuck everyone right now. Fucking bullshit. "Ruby!"
I turned around and it was my whole squad and Oliver was there to.
I ignored them and carried on walking. I really can't be bothered to tolerate anyone's shit right now.

————

Looking in the mirror I poked at my chubby stomach which I despised the most about my body. No matter what I do to try and loose weight nothing helps. I sighed pulling my top over my stomach and staring back into the mirror. I rolled up one of my sleeve and stared down at the scars which ran down my wrist. "Well hello there beautiful" said a voice. Instantly I rolled down my sleeve and turned around. "Hello?" I mumbled.

"Rubyyyy" yelled the same voice again and it sounded so familiar. Oh let me guess Oliver? Wait what.

"Boo" he yelled jumping out at me managing to jump on me and I suddenly hit the ground, pulling Oliver down with me, on top of me. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I stared into his dreamy eyes. I'm forever falling in love with him more and more everyday.

He frowned at first probably because my reaction but then a smile formed across his lips. "Wanted to see if you were okay" he shrugged.

"Yes I'm fine thanks for asking" I laughed ruffling his hair. "Ugh why did you have to do that" he rolled his eyes. I know that pisses him off. He never lets anyone touch his hair and when they try to he usually stops them before they touch it. "wait how did you get here? I asked confused. "You left your window open silly" he smirked.

"RUBY!" Yelled my drunken father. Shit if he sees oli here he will flip. "Oli you have to go now!" I began to panic. "What why?" He asked looking confused. Ugh too late my father was half way up the stairs. "Quick hide in here" I said pushing Oliver off me and dragging him over to my closet and shoving him in there as quick as I could. My door burst open and a whiff of strong alcohol swept through. I felt sick instantly. "Why didn't you answer me" he spat angrily. "I'm sorry I was just doing my homework" I lied.

Yeah he would totally fall for that mind. I'm such an idiot I swear. "Bullshit" he yelled throwing a whiskey bottle at the wall, which instantly shattered into a million pieces within seconds. "Why are you such a dick?" I shouted. "What did you just call me?" He said marching over to me. Okay maybe that wasn't the best thing to say to him. But hell no am I putting up with this shit. "Come here you slag" he said slapping me across my face. He then threw me into the wall and left slamming the door. I'm still confused as to why he wanted me? He just came in here threw a fucking whisky bottle and hit me. Nice one dad.

Oh shit Olivers in the closet and he probably 100% heard all of that. Okay let's re think that... he heard every little bit. "what the fuck happened?" He muttered opening the door aggressively and shutting it. "My dads just drunk leave him be" I said quietly holding back the tears, walking over to my bed I sat down.
"Are you being serious? He literally just hit you" Oli said, he's fists began to clench.

"Oh well it's a one off trust me, he's usually not like this" I smiled a fake smile. Is he fuck. But Oliver doesn't need to know the truth. What's the point Anyway? My dad isn't going to listen to anyone.

"No Ruby that was abuse. How long has this been going on for?" He raised his eyebrow frowning. "Oli fuck off you don't know anything" I said.

He just stood there. Oliver looked angry as fuck. But I haven't done anything so...
"Do not tell me to fuck off. I am here to make sure you're fucking okay" he said running his fingers through his hair and sighing.

My back was still in serious pain but it was all my fault. Everything.
"I try to listen to you, I do. But I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong" he said sadly. I feel so bad now telling him to fuck off.
"We're together I'm not letting you go" he mumbled sadly sitting next to me on my bed.
"I'm sorry" I said and I began to cry.
"Don't be" he said wiping my tears away.

"Everything is going to be okay" he said gently and pulled me into a tight hug.

————
Authors note:
I absolutely suck at writing how has this got 9k reads?? What?? Thank you so much! 💕