Intro & Chapter One Sneak-Peek!

whaaaat?! an update?!

as you guys should know, im sending this into a publishing company when all of this is done in manuscript form, competely revised and edited.

i may take this down later, but this is the un-revised and un-edited version of the intro and chapter one in the form of sending it into a publishing company.

enjoy.

Introduction

People around the entire world picture complete blindness as a burden, a forever held disadvantage in one's life. Never has anyone described being unable to see as something they would ever want to experience.

But, of course, those were in the eyes of somebody with the ability to point to a specific thing, able to name their color and size without trouble. They can observe something solely with their eyes.

There was something so simple, yet so complex behind the mystery of sight, that no one given this ability has taken it as a gift.

But perhaps blindness is a gift as well. Sight is distracting. It's a beautiful thing, but its beauty is nothing but something to observe. You must be blind in order to be focused.

And now, completely and utterly blind, you wish for someone to take your hand, willing to guide you through the struggles of being unable to see any longer.

But there's no one there to do any such thing, for either no one cared, or you pushed them away.

Chapter One

Haven closed her eyes, breathing in the familiar scent of her lonely condo. She listened silently to the quiet music playing on the stereo sitting in the corner of the room. Her sight dog laid lazily beside her on the carpet, snoring lightly as her hand dangled over the side of the couch, brushing his ear every so often.

She reopened her eyes, shocked at the complete darkness that overwhelmed her. She still always expected to see the burst of color and beauty of sight the moment her eyelids opened, as it did before she lost her sight. She never quite got used to not being able to observe with her own eyes, instead having to rely on a dog to do so.

She sighed loudly, just as the doorbell rang, the short melodic music echoing through the house. Haven groaned. She despised when strangers or neighbors would arrive at her home unannounced.

"Stay, Damen, I've got this," she said to the dog after hearing his collar jingle at the motion of her getting up off the couch.

Haven slowly weaved through the memorized furniture of her home, easily navigating through each piece she knew by heart. She rubbed her temple lightly as she made her way to the door, before taking in a sharp breath and opening it, a practiced smile plastered on her face.

"Hi!" She let out a cheery greeting, not caring remotely for whoever was standing at the door. She smoothly straightened out her hair, letting her hand fall onto the doorknob so easily that whoever at the door wouldn't have noticed the small gesture, or the inch or two she eased the door shut. The familiar movement that led to a shorter conversation was now instinct whenever somebody showed up at her doorstep.

"Hello, my name is..." the male at the door began saying, although Haven blocked out his droning about how he had just moved in a few houses down. She just nodded and smiled kindly, moving her foot slyly to the left to smoothly shut the door just a little bit further.

She couldn't really care less for whatever this man had to say, all she wanted was to lay back down on her velvet couch and get lost listening to music all day.