Chapter Fifteen - Edmonton

may i just quickly say i gave my soul to @insouciance- today because she introduced me to the godly band of fall out boy.

also because shes editing this chapter for me, and she pretty much gave me this idea.

i worship you thummer. XD

Chapter Fifteen - Edmonton

HAVEN'S POV

An awkward silence dawned over us, quickly filling the air with uneasiness. I sank down in my seat, crossing my arms.

I could hear Rose tapping away on her phone, clearly making an effort to not talk to me. I didn't blame her though, what was she supposed to say?

"Jordan Maron?" a feminine voice called out. "He's asking for the two that were accompanying him," she continued.

I felt Rose sigh in relief and grab my left arm, helping me up out of the comfortable seat. She linked her arm in mine and slowly led me away from the room.

God, there must be so many people staring at me right now. I thought, ashamed and now self conscious. That's just another reason why, Jordan doesn't want to be seen with a blind girl, always being led by a dog.

I sighed uneasily and bowed my head down to avoid the inevitable stares I knew I was recieving. I bit my lip unconsciously as I felt a sudden blast of warm air as we entered in what I assumed was a hospital room.

I heard the door shut close just as the sound of a bed creaking sounded.

"Haven! Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" I heard Jordan's panicked voice stress, getting closer and closer. I felt his warm touch against my cheek and I reveled in the softness of his fingers. For all I knew, I may not be able to touch him ever again.

"Yah, I'm fine," I breathed out. "How you feeling? Are you hurting?"

"Better now that I know that you're okay," he fretted. His arms wrapped around me gently as he kissed the top of my head. I breathed in his scent, the cologne he wore often enveloping me comortingly.

Rose cleared her throat from next to me. "Oh, yah, hi there, thanks for noticing me," she said sarcastically. "I'll leave you guys alone here, I have to pee anyways," she said, not bothering to be subtle.

I heard the door close softly, the automatic lock clicking. Suddenly, I felt Jordan dragging me over to the bed. He sat down and pulled me down onto his lap.

"Haven, I"m so sorry that I put you in danger like that," he whispered, his breath tickling my ear.

"It wasn't your fault, at all," I tried to convince him, but I just felt him shake his head no against my cheek. "Even if it was, which it wasn't, it won't happen again. I know it," I said. Little did he know that I might not be here for it to happen at all.

"I know, I promise it'll never happen again," he said quietly, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me cheek playfully.

Suddenly, we heard the door unlock and I heard a feminine voice say, "Okay, we need one of the two women to fill out these forms, just so we have a set date to get your stitches out."

I could tell the nurse was staring at me expectantly, and a pang of guilt and sadness hit me in the chest. What good am I to Jordan anyways?

There was a silence that dawned over us, so I made a point to wave my hand over my eyes, just to signal that I was blind.

"Oh, do you know where the other lady is?" she asked kindly.

"Um, I believe she's in the bathroom," Jordan said behind me, his arms still tied loosely around my waist. "Or at least I think she should be."