Chapter Sixteen - Back Home

aye you guys :) guess what? what happiness looks like is coming to a close fairly soon. just a couple chapters left, and i have to say, im pretty satisfied with this book so far. hope you enjoy the chapter! 

Chapter Sixteen - Back Home

>>JORDAN'S POV<<

I twisted the single rose in my hands, the thorns poking out of the stem scraping my fingertips. I laughed at myself as I walked down the sidewalk. The corny little gesture of giving a rose to a beautiful girl wouldn't impress Haven at all, but it was worth a shot.

I was planning on spending the entire day with Haven, now that she and I were finally at peace together, no interruptions. I was partially glad that Haven couldn't watch movies, as I found the fact that sitting still next to a beautiful girl in silence is much less eventful than laughing together over dinner.

I turned the corner of the street, spreading out the petals of the delicate rose to make it look more presentable. A perfect flower for a perfect girl. I thought, smiling to myself.

As I neared Haven's condo, now walking through the peaceful and neat neighborhood, I noticed the shouting of voices and loud thuds coming from Haven's house.

Immediately, I panicked and started sprinting towards the familiar condo, only to find men smoking, sitting on the open end of a moving truck, and a few others shoving large pieces of furniture into another one.

What the hell is going on? I thought. I navigated past the men holding different pieces of furniture varying from tables to couches. I tried to get to the front door but a man stopped me along the way.

"Excuse me, sir, but you can't go into this house any longer, it's closed off now that it's sold from the owner," he told me, putting a hand on my chest, not allowing me to go any further.

I took a double take, confused. Is this the right house? Or am I just going insane? I thought.

"What? When did Haven move out?" I asked incredulously, "She was living here just yesterday!"

"Oh, the owner? We have no idea, she just asked us to move everything out, apparently she doesn't need it anymore. Either she just wants to get rid of it or she moved pretty far away," he said, shrugging.

"Can I just go in? Please? This was my girlfriend's house," I said, trying to shove past his shoulder, but he stopped me again.

"No can do, sir. Sorry that your girlfriend left you," he said, not sounding the least bit sorry.

I just pushed past him, ignoring his yelling as I pushed open the door that was already slightly ajar. I already knew Haven wouldn't be here, but I called out her name anyways.

"Haven! Haven, where are you?" I called out into the condo that was now dwindling in furniture. "Haven! It's Jordan!"

I raced up the stairs two steps at a time, hoping to find her still sleeping in bed next to Damen, completely oblivious to the men moving her stuff away.

I opened her bedroom door quickly, only to find it completely clean, bed made perfectly with the blanket draped over it, looking as though somebody had ironed it due to its lack of wrinkles.

I looked around for any signs of her, just to be disappointed with an empty bedroom. I walked towards her desk when I spotted a lone piece of paper resting on it.

I picked it up tentatively, my gaze tracing over the words slowly, letting it all soak in.

Jordan,